Driving test question - rose hill roundabout

Soldato
Have my second driving test in a week and had a question about the exits in one roundabout I'm finding tricky. It's rosehill roundabout in Morden, London.

Coming out of Green Lane, and going to the Sutton exit (4th exit) or 3rd exit - which lane should you be in after coming out of green lane's left lane and going into the middle lane at the roundabout? I can't tell from the road markings if after that first set of traffic lights, I should be on the left most one (which would lead towards 3rd exit), or in the middle one (which would lead towards Sutton)? The road markings arent clear to me and if I need to be in the left or right lane or if I can choose without needing to signal?

The other one was Wrythe Lane to A297 (4th exit). When exiting Wrythe lane, I should be on the right lane based on the road markings. But then from there, I need to go into the middle lane after the second exit. From there, I need to go left again to exit, which requires someone letting me in. It seems odd that that's what's needed rather than being able to follow this properly and exit without that. But is that right? Or am I missing something?

Thanks all for any help! I'm practicing with my wife who's been driving for ages, but she's been finding it really tricky too!

That roundabout looks horrible - no wonder you're prepping for it.

For the first one, looking at Google Street View you want to be in the left hand lane for the exit marked Sutton.

But really, the very best thing you can do is go there when the traffic is quiet and try all the options and find which ones work best.

Back
Top Bottom