Drop down menus

X82

X82

Associate
Hi all
I am trying to create a webpage which will (while not being pretty) contains lots of different forms. For example, some simple buttons to launch folders and files. Drop down menus to select a certain website and a button to launch it etc.

I'm currently stuck on drop down menus. My ideal goal is as follows.
Have a drop down menu which contains a list of site locations. When I chose a location another drop down box appears contains site specific websites. Then I chose the option I want and click Go. But, certain site specific websites require a username and password. So an option to show a colour or block of text saying something like "the password for the below site is ###"

Currently, we have a spreadsheet with this information, but I thought it would be better in a webpage which can be set as our company home page allowing quick access to sites etc.

Sorry if this is explained poorly. But any thoughts on this would be helpful.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Seems like a spreadsheet would work pretty well. Have you got hundreds and hundreds of sites?

Just put a html table on the page and show everything in there. Sounds like you are trying to be too clever from what I can understand of your question.

X82

X82

Associate
OP
I've done some work on this and got something going nice with a spry menu. But I'm having issues with colours. Basically, I want different menu selections to be in different colours. I know you can change the css to change the submenu colour but I want to change the sub,sub-menu colour as well.

Can this be done with spry or am I looking at the wrong thing?

In regards to the excel sheet, we only have a small list of sites. This project is to make it look neat as our current sheets is badly laid out and not user friendly enough for new staff.

Associate
If you are set on the drop down menu and are stuck with some css, post the markup you have at the moment for the menu and we can suggest a solution. It's difficult to give a solution otherwise.

I'm not sure what spry is, but I can't imaging the markup would be too different from a bunch of nested lists (which wouldn't be that hard to code from scratch). I could give a suggestion if that's an option.

Back
Top Bottom