Drums

Caporegime
Hi all

My daughter (12) is getting into playing the drums. She's had a few lessons at a local music school and we want to get her a starter kit for Christmas.

It can't really be acoustic unfortunately as it would disturb us and our neighbours, who we like and are getting on a bit.

I believe my main choices are Tourtech (budget), Yamaha (middle), or Roland (higher end).

Is that right and would you have any recommendations for a kit please, say for around £400?

Thanks.

I have a Roland v-drums set. I found the mesh heads provide a better feel but the offerings have moved on since I got mine.

Other things to think about:
* throne
* kick pedal if they don't provide

Also one tip is if you find the kick noise too much, you can put a sheet of plywood down on top of 1/2 tennis balls with the kit on top of that to reduce the vibrations.
Thanks for this. What does this look like to you?

Includes throne, headphones, sticks, pedal and mesh. Seems quite good? £449.

Last edited:
Well I set up my daughter's Christmas present yesterday and she's really enjoying it. It sounds really good to my ears.

NKIU1bjh.jpg

First additional thing I now need to buy is some kind of amp / speaker so she can show off! She's currently using some old Sennheiser headphones.

P.S. yes I'll tidy up the cables :p.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom