DS2500 supplier

Caporegime
Hey guys,

Anyone know a decent supplier of DS2500 pads, I am some for front of my S2000. Current best price is £100 delivered.

I have had EBC reds in past but want to try something different.

Cheers

Simon

Caporegime
OP
You say you've tried reds and fancy something different... have you considered Yellows? I'm bedding a set in on my MX5 at the moment and initial impressions are very, very good. I've have also read very positive reviews from others so I'm not the only person with that opinion.

They are cheaper than those pads too IIRC.

I know this isn't a "spec me a pad" thread, but thought I would chime in anyway:) I won't say anymore on it!

Thanks for the idea. I did consider these when I ordered the reconditioned caliper from EBC. My brother has used them in the past, cold bite is certainly meant to be better than the reds.

The DS2500 are well regarded on S2000s and I like the sound of them as they have a good cold bite. Maybe you are right and I should try the yellows.

Caporegime
OP
Mine were never that bad when cold, just not as sharp as when they had a bit of heat in them. I guess the rears do quite a bit on mine though.

Caporegime
OP
Fitted them with new disks.

Initial impressions: Nice cold bite (better than reds) and the braking is very strong, so strong that it causes the worn suspension bushes to compress and the car goes to the left slightly - doh . So need to get them replaced when it goes in for alignment. Can also fit the Spoon X brace I have had sitting around for over a year.

Pedal feels a lot better though as the whole system has been flushed and replaced with Castrol SRF

Caporegime
OP
How long have you had them fitted? Mine seem to have taken a stupidly long time to bed in and were getting better every day. Seem to have settled now and they're brilliant. Cold bite seems fine and when they have been warmed up a bit they feel savage!

Fitted them Sunday afternoon, bite was good to start with and has got better since. I am looking forward to getting them really warm, only problem if there is a big difference between normal and hot is that sometimes you end up braking too early LOL.

I'm sure they will be great on track, the reds were. One thing I have notice is that the yellows look much better for disks, the reds would literally wear the disks away with a 'bumpy' groved surface.

Caporegime
OP
you need the DS3000's then, I had similar probs with the 2500 in the rear of my old cossie (pad looks same shape too). DS 3000's lasted for ages.

Its worth bearing in mind that DS3000s aren't really road pad, poor from cold and they produce loads of red hot metal filings that end up embedding themselves in your wheels. Awesome on the track though

Caporegime
OP
Might have missed it, but which disks are you using?

Just some plain ones from brakes international.

IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The ONLY thing I don't like about these is people notice the bright yellow pad in the rear caliper sticking out like a sore thumb. Average Jo doesn't have a clue what they are just that they look stupid :p

Luckily I'm used to the banter driving a hairdressers car, but I'm still looking forward to them dulling down and dusting up :o

The stick on backing pads will block a lot of the yellow.

Back
Top Bottom