DS3 Problem maybe..Help?

Soldato
Ok guys i have no idea where to go from here, ive done everything possible my end, by replacing things, updating things, changing things around...so heres whats happening.

Ok, booted up my computer again this morning, soundcard (X-Fi) was not installed, Not a problem checked these forums, read a few people had this happen, so went ahead and got my CD for the soundcard, popped into the DVD drive, and windows crashes.
I rebooted in total 7 times, and each time same thing happened....8th time, it wouldnt POST, and my DVD drive was in a complete loop, just spinning around erracticly, when you opened the drawer, it came out in steps, like jerking.

Now i have done everything in my power to find the problem, the DVD drive is not the problem as its only 2 days old, and i have 3 others it does this too...its not my PSU as that has been replaced 2 days ago...only thing i can think of is the DS3 motherboard is causing this....but have no idea what is casuing this..

I used all the drivers from the CD that came with it.....even installed the raid drivers, which i dont need becasue i dont have a RAID setup at all..

Anyone got any ideas at all, what i can do to fix this from happening....using the F6 bios

Edit/ Small update, the only way to get the DVD out of the looping is to RESET the CMOS by taking the battery out, as the shorting the jumper does not work........so im led to belive this could be a Mobo problem.

Edit Number 2/ Again another update, no matter what i select or do, when i put anything in the CD drives, and it trys to auto run or when the CD drive icon is clicked, the whole of windows just crashes, forcing me into rebooting, which then, makes the system do the above.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try this:

Un-plug your DVD Drive and boot into Windows.

Add/Remove programs and remove' 'Gigabyte Raid Driver'

Reboot...

When Windows loads again - You'll see new hardware found etc... 'IDE Channel... blah blah' - This will install itself using built in XP drivers.

Then shut down - Plug in your DVD Drive again... and boot up!

Fingers crossed ;)

p.s. - If it works you owe me a diet coke :p

Associate
The other guy didn't bother replying but I will - I was having major problems - exactly the same tried new mobo drivers updated bios etc.
Your method worked a treat so thanks a lot - a diet coke AND a twix on me!

Back
Top Bottom