• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dual core i3 for x299

Soldato
Has there ever been such a pointless CPU?

This is a really bizarre processor. A platform that is designed for high-performance computing might soon get a new CPU… with two cores.

The i3-7360X is a HEDT alternative to i3-7350K, which, by the way, will soon be succeeded by 8350K.

The specs of this new processor are not overwhelming. It’s only 100 MHz faster than 7350K. The turbo clock is 4.3 GHz. The TDP though, skyrockets to 112W.

According to the leaker, the i3-7360X is 1.25% faster than 7350K. The price of 7360X is expected around 1699 Yuans (220 USD), so it’s not cheap.

https://videocardz.com/72775/intel-preps-dual-core-i3-7360x-for-x299-but-why

Soldato
Really struggling to see the point in this one. It's hardly even a dirt cheap CPU to get you started on the platform.

I'm sure it'll be the perfect CPU for some really small userbase, but... Just no.

Soldato
gigabyte and msi Kaby Lake X boards only has to be VERY VERY VERY VERY cheap for these cores. If its priced like the B350 Gaming 3 at £100 then maybe you'd get people buying the Kaby X chips and running them 5.3Ghz or above at least with 4000 ram ....

Soldato
Only way this makes even the slightest sense is if they suddenly decide to axe the mainstream platform, and force everything to exist on a single platform.

They could have done that with the 8xxx series, but didn't. Nor doing it with the next one, because of Z390.
On top, in 6 months we going to see CoffeeLake-X CPUs in the X299, which we know nothing about to, if we want to make a decision today.
Like are they going to be Ring or Mesh?

Back
Top Bottom