Dual Monitor - second monitor goes into power saving mode

Associate
Hi all, hope this is in the right section.

Just built new pc, cheers for help on here, very happy with it! but...i have the weirdest issue and i needs help!

I have a Radeon 5700XT, 34" main monitor and 24" second monitor

Both monitors work perfectly, but only when one is plugged in. If i have both plugged in one goes black screen (power saving mode) even though its showed the startup screen, it seems to be once its got to windows. The screen is there as you can move the mouse over to it, even dragging open windows to and from it.

Main screen is plugged in using hdmi
second monitor is plugged in using display port
Both on the graphics card
Both monitors have the correct drivers and are displayed in AMD software and in windows
Even though pressing detect it says cant detect another monitor, it shows both
I cant seem to switch the 24" monitor from 1 to 2 in windows for some reason, even though i have set the main monitor as the 34" it still shows as number 2

If i only plug one monitor in it works, this is the case for both monitors

Everything 'seems' to be right but this second monitor going into power saving mode once in windows

Never had an issue before but as i say its a new system, please help

the small 24" one, not the one i want as main. i cant swap them as the 24" only has hdmi and no display port

Would hdmi override display port by any chance or vice versa, i could connect both via hdmi

Its as if plugging one is stops the other working?

still cant get this working, i've bought new cables, reinstalled everything, updated drivers.

I have emailed overclockers but i still feel its something i am missing

anyone else had a similar issue?

main monitor has every port possible but the older dell has displayport/dvi

card has 3 x displayport and 1 x hdmi

i uninstalled the graphics drivers today and just had the older dell plugged in, all working fine and then i installed the amd graphics driver and the screen went black and in to power saving mode again. You think the monitor has an issue with the card/graphics software?

i really dont want to buy another monitor if this wont fix it, if it does then fantastic but not wasting money on another monitor to test this

Back
Top Bottom