Dual monitor??

Associate
I'm ruining 4790k with maximus hero vii.

I'm using the on board graphics, this pc is only office work and Photoshop no gaming.

What graphics card can you suggest that's on par/slightly better but will enable me to have dual monitor?

Also any preferred monitors?

Thanks

I'm using the on board graphics, this pc is only office work and Photoshop no gaming.

Your motherboard likely has multiple video outputs, all of which can be used simultaneously, so a video card may not be required. Which motherboard do you have and which monitor are you currently using?

Thanks for the reply, I have maximus hero vii

If I wanted to take it a step further and add 3 monitors what's the best route for this is there specific graphic cards for this or can you use multiple gpu never really had experience with multiple monitors before. I have a basic Acer HDMI screen this won't be for games only desktop and applications.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have maximus hero vii

Okay, that board has one HDMI 1.4b and one Displayport 1.2 video port so can natively support two monitors, or three with DP pass-through. You also have two USB 3.1 ports which could support monitors. OCUK's competitors sell USB 3.1 to Displayport converters, so I'm sure OCUK can source them if asked.

If you are serous about Photoshop, you will need to get yourself a proper 10 bit professional GPU (Quadro or FirePro) and a monitor that has support for 10 bit colours without FRC (aka dithering). Look for Wide Gamut in the product description. Something like the Eizo ColorEdge CG2730 or CG247x or the NEC MultiSync PA243W. These are not cheap.

Does it have to be dual monitor? The reason I ask is because several years back I ran with a triple monitor setup, it looked pretty awesome but in all honesty I had a lot of issues with getting things to display nicely and that’s before taking into consideration bezels (with a dual setup the middle of your view is a bezel).

Would a nice 34” 3440 x 1440 Ultrawide be a better solution? I moved over to Ultrawide a few years ago and I’ve never looked back, it’s great for my photography work and looks amazing during 21:9 video playback and gaming.

Does it have to be dual monitor? The reason I ask is because several years back I ran with a triple monitor setup, it looked pretty awesome but in all honesty I had a lot of issues with getting things to display nicely and that’s before taking into consideration bezels (with a dual setup the middle of your view is a bezel).

Would a nice 34” 3440 x 1440 Ultrawide be a better solution? I moved over to Ultrawide a few years ago and I’ve never looked back, it’s great for my photography work and looks amazing during 21:9 video playback and gaming.
I agree with this and would add that 32:9 monitors exist. That's the same proportion as two standard 16:9 screens but without the bezel in the middle.

Depending on your working style you might prefer the open plan of a single screen, to two smaller screens. Personally I use multiple screens as I often keep one screen for a particular task, e.g. having my email inbox to one side.

In terms of connections, bear in mind that a DisplayPort socket can drive an HDMI monitor using a passive cable, so if you have 2-3 DPs that can be quite convenient.

That's only relevant for gaming. For business use you have one monitor in front of you and one to one side.

B bb bbbut how would you pass your DSE assessment twisting to view a monitor to your side lol!! (J/k).

Agreed though, the use and situation does impact the functionality and solution. Personally I’m a big believer of the single screen solution, for me it just works better for my workflow (Photography) and its a bonus that it’s very accommodating for games, movies plus a lot of other tasks, it might not suit for all but it’s definitely worth taking a peak to see if it would work for you.

Back
Top Bottom