Dual monitors etc

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Have a x1800xt, just hooked up my 2nd monitor to the 2nd port on the gfx card, selected extend desktop in the ATI thingy, so now my main monitor is extended to the 2nd monitor

which well is kinda rubbish as i cant seem to do anything on the 2nd monitor apart from drag stuff from the main to it

how can i make it so i can actually have like another windows desktop on the other monitor? so i can open up stuff on the other monitor without having to drag stuff over etc..

Soldato
Most programs will only open up on the primary monitor, then drag them over, close them, then next time they will open up on the secondary. This is not the case with system programs like properties but is with MS office etc.

NB I only use Nvidia cards but I think ATI is the same.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
TBirdUK said:
Most programs will only open up on the primary monitor, then drag them over, close them, then next time they will open up on the secondary. This is not the case with system programs like properties but is with MS office etc.

NB I only use Nvidia cards but I think ATI is the same.
ok just tried it with firefox and you're right

but then wen i minimise it, it goes back to the main monitor :( which kinda defeats the purpose

Associate
I have just set up a secondary monitor and it does the same. Would be good if i could just move the taskbar and start menu to it (or copy that across).

Soldato
StevenG said:
ULTRAMON. download that it will fix all your problems

seconded. quality bit of software. basically extends your taskbar across the second monitor, so anythin you open on that one and hten minimize will go to the taskbar on that monitor

Back
Top Bottom