dull colours

Soldato
hi got a nikon d50 and really struggling to get any nice colours out of it. everything seems washed out, even hazy at times.
is it new camera time or is it a case of messing with settings or getting some kind of filter?

cheers
collisster

Soldato
OP
the lens is a 18-135 mm dx one.
I've had the camera a good 2 years now just when I look at peoples photos with great colour i cannot get it really annoying me.
How to I use the sRGB?

cheers

Soldato
OP
OMG ! Don't believe anything that man writes - he is an utter joke, just tries to be controversial to generate more website hits.

Whilst it's nice you have Photoshop CS3, I wouldn't advise using this program to learn post-processing with. It's very complicated. If you want to remain with Adobe products, I'd recommend Lightroom as your main editing/photo organising tool, and CS3 for other stuff that just can't be done elsewhere.

I use Nikon cameras too, and prefer using Capture NX2 ( which preserves in-camera settings, better colour fidelity, generally a better RAW converter - for Nikon cameras ). You should be able to download it from the Nikon site for a 30 day trial if you want to give it a whirl.

well i've got cs3 and not buying anything different unless its cheap. what exactly does capture NX2 do?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom