Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Soldato
Finally got around to watching this, enjoyed it very much, been a while since I read the books, but they seem to have skipped Chani's children with Paul, kind of wanted to see them go up to God Emperor haha.

Soldato
I muse be the only one that finds the whole thing really.....meh? So much hoopla talking hocus pocus that doesn't actually lead to any narrative etc. I honestly think that entire part of them in the temple with the water of souls could have been removed and nothing would have changed the narrative etc

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was quite good. Certainly better than the one from the eighties. Not that I have read the books.

My only complaint about the latest one was that it was a little slow, and wasn't quite as clear on certain points as the eighties film. However, it was still good.

I never really liked the story, though. The idea that we can do telepathy and so on, steps away from Scifi and wanders in to the realm of fantasy. It's a future I just don't accept will happen.

Man of Honour
Just overwhelmingly fantastic, and not even on the big screen. I don't know if I've enjoyed a film more than this. This makes sense; I am a complete sucker for Hans Zimmer, and although I didn't quite click with Blade Runner, Arrival is one of my favourite films. I can't stop listening to the main theme.

Soldato
Just overwhelmingly fantastic, and not even on the big screen. I don't know if I've enjoyed a film more than this. This makes sense; I am a complete sucker for Hans Zimmer, and although I didn't quite click with Blade Runner, Arrival is one of my favourite films. I can't stop listening to the main theme.

The Arrival score wasn't by hans zimmer. Jóhann Jóhannsson (RIP).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom