• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dx11 card for optiplex gx620 MT

Soldato
Someone in another topic of mine in a different sub forum questioned my r7 240 2gb working in my optiplex gt 620 MT and I think they were right to as I just tried it and nothing, while system detects there's a card inserted when I use on its first I get no visual just a double beep, the same scenerio whether I use the onboard low profile slot itself or the pcie/pci standard adapter to fit full height side ways, so I'm assuming the adapter makes no difference other than the convenience.

So with that in mind is there a dx11 card that will actually work in this machine? I don't need dx11 for the games I want to play, but makes more sense than dx10.

Mean a hd2400 dx10 was a great card in another MT gx620(no full height option on that version) I had ages ago couples with a PD 820, ran hitman blood money and many other games well, just don't want to stoop that old if I don't need to.

Soldato
OP
Doesn't matter now, thanks for looking. Just got given a Packard bell imedia, it's an old one with the same P4 and ddr2 ram that the dell has, but it comes with an old pcie graphics card of some sort(has vga only so not expecting much) which should do if all works fine as it be hugely worse off than the r7 240 lol.

Quite handy getting this, can swap certain things round :cool:

Back
Top Bottom