Dyson cooling fan or similar?

Associate
Can anyone recommend a decent fan?

Our living room faces due south and no matter what combo of curtains and windows open or closed by late afternoon it would be cooler sitting on the surface of the sun.

We're not too far away from buying a new house so I don't want to invest in AC.

Are those dyson cooling fans towers any good? I realise they aren't AC but has anyone got any experience with them? Straightforward cooler or air purifier? Do they actually work?

Any other brands worth looking at? The small footprint of the Dyson is appealing.

Thx

Associate
OP
I made a thread only a few days ago. I ended up getting a Boneco Air Shower fan which seems to take the edge off.

Don't believe any snake oil product that will say it cools. It's all BS unless it is an air conditioner.

They looks really good, which one did you get? I quite like the look of the F210

Associate
OP
Boneco arrived on Wednesday so we've had 2 evenings with it.

It's well made, looks OK and even on its lowest settings it's a bit louder than I was expecting, it doesn't drown out the TV or conversation though. But thankfully it definitely seems to takes the edge off.

Not compared temps or anything but happy, the shower effect seems to work. On the lowest setting with the fan firing up to the ceiling you can just feel the breeze where I sit and it's getting on for 4m away from me.

Back
Top Bottom