• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E5200/E5300 For overclocking?

Associate
Hi,
The E5200 starts at 2.50Ghz and the E5300 starts at 2.60Ghz, i'm looking at buying one of these either tomorow or monday. i'll be cooling it with the corsair H50 in well ventilated antec 300, will it really matter which i buy? i'm only going to be clocking to about 3-3.2Ghz on an intel p5q-pro.
only asking as the E5300 is on this weeks offers but has no reviews on the site.

Associate
OP
So what is stopping anyone from lowering the multi on the E5300?

The E5300 would be the better option if the price difference is minimal.

I'm guessing with the E5300 having a higher multi is going to be better as it can go higher but always has the chance to come down as well. would i be right in thinking, go for the cheapest as i'm only after a reletivly small overclock to 3.0ghz or 3.2ghz?

Associate
OP
Hoping to use it for a few months, but in november it's my 21st so i'm looking to get a full new system and probably keeping this or giving it to my sister.
with the I7 prices bieng pretty low now i'm probably heading in that direction for a new build.

Back
Top Bottom