• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E6600 HSF will not plug onto board!

Soldato
Hi there,

I have just recieved my Abit AB9 Pro board which was RMA'd cause of a faulty DS4 motherboard. I have the motherboard secured into the chassis, the cpu is in the socket and the arm is secured. But I cannot seem to fix the HSF to the board, the plugs just keep popping out when I plug them in.

I'm using the retail HSF that came with the CPU. Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
w3bbo said:
turn the black plugs a 1/4 rotation before attaching the HS, then try again ;)

Yeah tried that, must have tried about 20 odd times just kept popping out, one last attempt and it seems to be secure... :confused: don't feel very confident that it pops out so easy!!

Last edited:
Soldato
mishima said:
Yeah tried that, must have tried about 20 odd times just kept popping out, one last attempt and it seems to be secure... :confused: don't feel very confident that it pops out so easy!!

I always had this issue as well - is there any kind of guide that shows you how to fit this HSF?

Soldato
It's the same procedure for all the clip type HSFs:
Pull all the clips upwards and turn them as far clockwise as they will go.
Place HSF in position.
Press down one clip until it clicks.
Press down the diagonally opposite clip until it clicks.
Repeat with the remaining two clips.

Although Intel say to do this with the mobo in the chassis it can be easier with it out so you can check that the black pins are forcing the clear pegs apart on the back of the board.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom