• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Permabanned
Will have to have a check, what's your opinion on the following article about it? -

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3184&p=6

All Mobos are different.

All Asus AMD Mobos slightly Overvolt and it never caused any issues.

Its only due to Intels spec's Mobos must by default Undervolt on Load.

I have had a Mobo with LLC and it did not cause any adverse effects, it took the guesswork out of trying to get a certain Voltage in Windows.

Associate
Looking good

I have the same week 20 E0 as the OP

just put it in my EVGA 680i A1 P32 Mobo (vdroop modded)

Once I got past the usual FSB holes with this it's looking ok...

running at 4.5 ghz (1800 FSB) with 1.5vcore in bios

Temps of 60 deg under load using swiftech compact single rad.....hopefully better when i stick it under custom water

:):p:)

ps what voltage should i be looking at keeping this chip at 24/7 once i have finished playing with it?

Associate
Got a Q820A670 E8600 myself.

1.392v (load) and stable at 4.3Ghz so far, only been playing around with it for a few hours though so not sure what the max stable will be yet.

edit 1.44v (load) required for 4.4Ghz to pass Orthos longer than a few mins, currently 20mins into a small FFT test.

Can you try IntelBurnTest please? It's fine doing 48 years of Orthos if you want to do so, but IntelBurnTest will dropkick that CPU of yours in ten minutes if it's unstable.

Permabanned
Your obsessed with that Intel APP. :p

99.9% of peeps use Prime or Orthos as its more than enough.

If someone came along and wrote a APP that then stresses more than the above would it be the next 733t thing ?.

Prime and Orthos are now at the stage we know they have no real bugs, I would rather run them 24 hours than 15mins of the above App.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intelburntest is annoying me now, when it comes up unstable it could either be ram or cpu, when it does it in orthos, you know it will be the CPU since its set to not test ram, I want to test both seperetly.

Associate
I have the same week 20 E0 as the OP

just put it in my EVGA 680i A1 P32 Mobo (vdroop modded)

Once I got past the usual FSB holes with this it's looking ok...

Temps of 60 deg under load using swiftech compact single rad.....hopefully better when i stick it under custom water

:):p:)

ps what voltage should i be looking at keeping this chip at 24/7 once i have finished playing with it?

I tried 1.46 vcore in bios but orthos dropped so now trying 1.4875

Associate
OP
For fun, i ran intelburntest with my e8600. supprisingly passed 1500mb test onces, 98 degrees. But as like most intelburn is rather too intensive of a test, my experience says good for 8hrs prime good enough for anything.

Anyways, I sent it back and using a q6600 as a stepping stone.

Associate
OP

That's a decent overclock. But on water I would expect more. I was able to boot into windows at 4.5ghz but no way I can get it stable. Temps were in high 80s and fails prime within 20mins

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Can you try IntelBurnTest please? It's fine doing 48 years of Orthos if you want to do so, but IntelBurnTest will dropkick that CPU of yours in ten minutes if it's unstable.

Just ran it 8 times on full stress at 4284(451*9.5) 1.336v Vcore load (all other voltages default) and it passed - seeing how high I can get with around this voltage as don't want to go much higher for 24/7 use. Temps hit 70c in Realtemp. (As you can see they are 15c lower running Orthos in the screenshot!)

4284mhzstableuh0.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
real temp reads from the motherboard sensor iirc (correct me if i am wrong) whilst coretemp uses the CPU sensor.

But VTR- what cooling you on? Still good for 24/7 at those temps on intelburn. Is it your finnished clock?

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Both give the same temps really it's just the T Junction settings are different hence the difference between real temp and core temp (5-10c more on core temp depending on version)

Not finished yet, still testing at the moment! Currently running intelburn at 4303 (453x9.5) 1.336 Vcore load, everything else default.

Going to increase it slowly untill it crashes then up the voltage slightly, don't really want to be going much higher on the vcore though for 24/7 usage.

edit - running a TRUE with Scythe S-FLEX 1600RPM fan, Antec Twelve Hundred Case with all fans on full.

Last edited:
Associate
That's a decent overclock. But on water I would expect more. I was able to boot into windows at 4.5ghz but no way I can get it stable. Temps were in high 80s and fails prime within 20mins

Yeah I'm quite pleased with this chip TBH

I thought my 680i would let me down a bit as it has always been really difficult to work with

Associate
Your obsessed with that Intel APP. :p

99.9% of peeps use Prime or Orthos as its more than enough.

If someone came along and wrote a APP that then stresses more than the above would it be the next 733t thing ?.

Prime and Orthos are now at the stage we know they have no real bugs, I would rather run them 24 hours than 15mins of the above App.

I'm not obsessed at all. I just find it pointless when people run Prime or Orthos for 60 years trying to get their CPU stable when IBT will tell you within minutes.

Intelburntest is annoying me now, when it comes up unstable it could either be ram or cpu, when it does it in orthos, you know it will be the CPU since its set to not test ram, I want to test both seperetly.

I get the RAM stable first, MemTest and SuperPi 32M are OK.

Permabanned
I'm not obsessed at all. I just find it pointless when people run Prime or Orthos for 60 years trying to get their CPU stable when IBT will tell you within minutes.

I get the RAM stable first, MemTest and SuperPi 32M are OK.

15 mins tell you nothing (seen this time mentioned in other threads compairing to 8 hours of other testing), I say that's BS.

Running for 8 hours and up to 24 hours of Prime or Orthos will go through a much wider bunch of numbers and tests of CPU and Ram if you set it to do so.

I think the peeps who have used Prime or Orthos for years know much more than you and I.

In my opinion that Intel tool is a buggy POS and can crash for multiple reasons where as the other 2 App's have been nearly 100% perfected (Prime used to fail on Double Density/Double sided Modules).

You want me to get someone to write a APP that will fail your PC is 10seconds ?, it does not man its good or such does it. ;)

The last "BIG 733T" tool was TAT, and that was leaked, "Joe Public" is not supposed to have or use it.

It is for Intel's use only. ;)

I know your a beginner and your also young by the way you go on.

I advise you start off at the shallow end of the pool then work your way up to the deep end. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Yea tis true, no program will certify you stable within 15mins.

Then why are some people's CPU's failing within 15 minutes that have already been through many, many hours of prime? I'd like to know. If IntelBurnTest is no good then wtf is Prime good for? IBT is much more stressful and pushes hardware much further than Prime. Another thing -- the amount of time you run it for (actually, there is no set time, you do a certain number of runs, the minimum recommended being 5) needs to be based on how much RAM you have. More RAM = more runs = longer period of time it takes to run.

Back
Top Bottom