E91 320i - ck3000 Connects2 bluetooth handsfree installation help

Associate
Hi all,

I've had my BMW a couple years now but I've never been able to connect and use the bluetooth installation.

When I get in the car and turn the engine on I can search for bluetooth devices and I see a Parrot 5.25c available device. Which I was able to connect to the very first time but never successfully used. All subsequent attempts to connect using my iPhone 7 result in a "Paring unsuccessful" message saying make sure the device is turned on or in range.

If read various guides about resetting the memory and I've tried doing the via the steering wheel controls and I would hear a click behind the stereo unit when pressing them but this didn't do anything. Today I decided to see what was behind the unit in the hope of finding something I could reset.

This is what I found but I couldn't see anything else parrot related etc.

vVLf809.jpg

pSHWXlB.jpg

XbfxfRM.jpg

Unplugging the connects2 resulted in the bluetooth device now longer being available to select on the phone.

Thanks all

Soldato
If you take the number from the connects 2 interface you can look it up and see what it's supposed to be doing / how it is supposed to operate which will be a start. I would expect there to be another parrot module at the end of one of the connector blocks you're finding attached into the unit.

Usually these are obvious as it won't have been run in with the main loom so will look pretty much totally separate - follow it to whatever box is attached. Whenever i've added oem bluetooth or wifi interfaces there is usually a specific location either behind the glove box or down in the back of the centre console that is suitable.

I'd also try another phone if you haven't already in the first instance

Edit - in your first pic that quadlock looks like it's got some non oem wiring, the orange and white wires coming off a 2 pin connector

Back
Top Bottom