EA and Valve , Steam partnership

Caporegime
This is probably a minor detour on the roadmap to be honest. Weren't EA developing their own cloud streaming system - Project Atlas? That's where they'll probably be heading in the end.

Associate
If I remember correct EA has shares of Ubisoft
and EA supports Valve while Ubi supports Epic, sounds like a cooperation battles of whom's decision better
btw it's good to see the latest EA games are back on Valve
I barely purchase an EA game since they gone Origin only.

Soldato
Buying on Steam is just a storefront purchase. You do not get any Steamworks features everything goes via the Origin client as before so the only difference is Valve now get a cut of the sale & gamers who do not bother looking any deeper get to have yet another storefront client running at the same time!

Associate
Buying on Steam is just a storefront purchase. You do not get any Steamworks features everything goes via the Origin client as before so the only difference is Valve now get a cut of the sale & gamers who do not bother looking any deeper get to have yet another storefront client running at the same time!
I do not mind running a secondary storefront client behind steam, at least my collection is tidy and neat in some way.
It may sound troublesome but I do believed there's someone else who shares the same idea.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just get em on Origin, as you need that as well, its DOUBLE DICKED DRM :D
Exactly. Got happy for a moment when I read EA was coming back to Steam, but just like Ubisoft games you still need a second launcher. No thanks...

If EA and Ubisoft want me to pay for their games they need to fix this or miss out, I know I won’t ;)

Soldato
If I remember correct EA has shares of Ubisoft
and EA supports Valve while Ubi supports Epic, sounds like a cooperation battles of whom's decision better
btw it's good to see the latest EA games are back on Valve
I barely purchase an EA game since they gone Origin only.

EA sold their stake in ubi about 10 years ago

Caporegime

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice, I wouldn't mind having unravel on Steam!

Argh, shame it has to use origin, so we don't get achievements etc :(.
Yeah, once they fix that and it does not need origin I will reconsider buying an EA game. They have not had any money from me in years I think. Last I got a fifa game from them about 4 years ago, but with all this focus on ultimate team and lack of changes it has all got stale and pushed me even further from giving them any money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom