Early morning runs

Mobster
Soldato
Taken up running properly over the last week, on the NHS "couch to 5K" programme.

Done my three runs for this week, every one starting at around 5AM and I have to say, I feel great! I'm really enjoying these early morning runs, does anyone else love to run early in the morning, or exercise early?

Soldato
It depends on the distance for me. If im doing a larger run like 15k upwards ill set off at 5am ish.

Havent done that in the cold tho...bugger that.

Hitman
Soldato
I much prefer going to the gym really early, before breakfast, than any other time - that's for both weight lifting and cardio.

Soldato
I opt for a brisk early morning hourly walk 3 times a week with a 2.5 hour (7 miles) one at the weekend. That running lark is no good for your knees or ankles!

Caporegime
Until you get to about week 5 or 6 on that couch to 5k program, it's pretty easy stuff anyway.

I was up to week 8, then I had this horrible cold that wouldn't budge for 3 weeks and lost all my progress.

Associate
I've been ill on and off with colds and man flu but managed 5k in 25.30 secs yesterday. Was doing 23 last year.
This is on a treadmill

Soldato
What kind of state are people in that they need 9 weeks to complete 5k? It's a 30 minute light jog....anyone that isn't disabled should be able to manage it with a modicum of determination without training.

I can't because my knee is shot, but still :)

Soldato
I used to run but ride a bike now and go out at sun rise at the weekends. It’s good for my mental health, riding in the countryside on empty roads, so quiet and peaceful and much safer without so much traffic

Associate
I cycle to work so I set off at 6:30/7am. 10 miles to work, 10 miles home in the afternoon. Mostly off road or quiet roads (cyclocross bike). It's great. Nothing can match the mental health benefits of exercise.

Back
Top Bottom