Easter (Anniversary) Sale Rift store

Associate
Got Windows headset but using Revive to play Oculus games and it works great. Looking at getting Rick and Morty, Dirt and From Other Suns. Hopefully lone Echo will come up on a daily sale. Any games you recommend ? I've not been blown away by VR to be completely honest but it's something to do and I think there are some good games.

Soldato
Any games you recommend ?
For a quick blast try Robo Recall.
For games with great depth and long term appeal I'd recommend Eleven:Table Tennis, Assetto Corsa, DCS (free to play), IL2, War Thunder (free to play) and Elite Dangerous. In no particular order.
I think only the Eleven:TT is on Easter sale, but yeah :)

Soldato
I've not been blown away by VR to be completely honest

Low FOV?

I found my friends windows set to be underwhelming due to the field of view. My headset goes the other way with a 6mm plate and is a lot more comfortable than the band on the wmr, and the constant struggle I had to get the sweet spot. The green pack might be expensive, but if your lacking those games, that's a nice bundle.

There's the Invisible Hours at £7.99 on the store, an amazing 70% discount. I had 2 games of the year in 17, that was one of them.

Soldato
Got Windows headset but using Revive to play Oculus games and it works great. Looking at getting Rick and Morty, Dirt and From Other Suns. Hopefully lone Echo will come up on a daily sale. Any games you recommend ? I've not been blown away by VR to be completely honest but it's something to do and I think there are some good games.

Of the Oculus exclusives, the ones I've enjoyed most are:

Lone Echo (MUST HAVE - It's THE most impressive VR experience yet.)
Robo Recall (Free with Rift Touch, but can be bought in the store)
From Other Suns
Wilson's Heart
Arktika 1

I haven't tried Brass Tactics, but that's another excellent exclusive, and there's a free weekend this weekend which I plan to make use of.

Most of the other games I've enjoyed are multiplatform and available on Steam as well as the Oculus store:
The Mages Tale (Was an oculus exclusive, but now on Steam VR too)
Eleven Table Tennis
Elite Dangerous
Superhot VR
Project Cars 2 (Amazing with a wheel & pedals, and a racing chair)
BOX VR (excellent boxing fitness game)

Associate
Thanks for the suggestions guys ! Just bought Dirt, Rick and Morty, Onward and The Invisible Hours (thanks for suggestion, looks cool). On the bar about From Other Suns. I really want Robo Recall but I feel it's pretty expensive. It's free with the Oculus but i'd have to buy as on WMR. Doubt it will be on sale either.

Lokiss i'm not bother about the hardware and FOV is 110 as got Lenovo Explorer. I could have bought an Oculus but went for WMR as higher resolution. The reason i'm not hugely impressed with VR is the quality of the games, the experience is amazing tho. Everything feels like it's in it's infancy and there is so much crap flooding the market so not sure what games to buy.

I can't wait to see VR mature, I really like the big picture app to watch Netflix as feels like a cinema but the colours, resolution and FOV kinda ruin the experience. I think the new Pie 5k or 8k will be amazing when they come out.

Anyways mostly been playing free stuff other than Arizona Sunshine and Superhot (Both amazing) so hopefully these games will be good. Valves The Lab and Accounting were amazing for free tho.

Associate
and don't forget the Oculus store has a decent refund policy so you can try games and refund those that don't do it for you

Back
Top Bottom