eBay and iPhone 4

Soldato
If nothing get announced about next iPhone I plan on buying a new iPhone from the bay.

Anything I should be aware of? When does the warranty start on these when you activate them within in iTunes?

Should I be asking the seller when/if they have activated it on iTunes?

Cheers reading

Diva boy

Soldato
Personally my self I wouldnt do it. But with all things on the bay check for good feeback, good description, if the price is to good to be true it genreally is and if buy it now has anyone bought one already?

Soldato
When I bought mine last summer I just looked for the cheapest, made sure it was compatible with my network, and checked the seller feedback. Got the phone a few days later in perfect condition. Just be sensible.

Soldato
I bought from eBay (iphone4) for £310

Yes...it was too good to be true. It was mint but had been claimed against on insurance.

The frustrating thing was that it was above board but I believe the ex boyfriend claimed against it when he found out she was selling.

Got money back no problem ( went round to their house )

Soldato
When I bought mine last summer I just looked for the cheapest, made sure it was compatible with my network, and checked the seller feedback. Got the phone a few days later in perfect condition. Just be sensible.

same here

and ive used ebay for many many other expensive items , usually because i save money but sometimes because they arent available elsewhere. never had any problems

Associate
Unless they report it after getting feedback and that.

I'd just not touch eBay - forums are far better for buying phones on, simply because I find I can trust people I've been speaking with online (sometimes in person if you ever go to meets), they're cheaper and easier to talk with if something's wrong.

Associate
same here

and ive used ebay for many many other expensive items , usually because i save money but sometimes because they arent available elsewhere. never had any problems

Agreed. Also bought an iPhone 4 with no problems. It's all about being sensible and remembering that, if it looks too good to be true, 95% of the time it is. The losses you can make chasing the other 5% make it a bad bet :)

Associate
oh and use a credit card , if paypal be stupid about it your credit card company will give them a kicking

no they wont, I had issues with paypal once, they refused to refund me over a non-delivery, Barclays contacted paypal and got the money back.. then paypal took it back again and Barclays couldnt do anything...

I've sold all my previous Iphones on ebay without any issues, it doesnt matter if its been activated before, re-flash it and its back as new...

Back
Top Bottom