EBay IPhone 6S - white pixel on screen

Soldato
I picked up an IPhone 6s 128GB on EBay - it was advertised as in boxed excellent condition locked to O2.

However, when i switch it on there is a pixel that seems stuck on white - because it is locked i cannot move it to a dark screen to see if it is permanent white (waiting for unlock code).

I understand a black pixel is a dead pixel, but what about white? Is there a fix or would you be looking to send back? The issue is it is almost centre screen :(

Soldato
Stuck pixel perhaps?

I had one on my screen and massaged it out with a little pressure. But do be careful.... this may not exactly go over well on an iphone screen.

Edit: If you google stuck pixel you can get some websites that flash various colours in an attempt to fix it.

Soldato
Doesn't look like a dead pixel to me due to the size, looks more like an issue with the backlight or screen layers from possible excessive pressure or factory defect etc.

Pretty easy process to change the screen. And are only around £30. Possibly explain to the seller of this issue and either return or ask for a possible £20-30 refund for the cost of a new screen.

Associate
I had this with an iPhone that had a screen replacement.

Apple use different length screws that are within .1mm and if you get them mixed up they are a nightmare to tell which is which.

What happened to mine was that they did mix these up and ended up putting a slightly too long screw in the wrong hole - this put pressure on the screen from behind and I was left with a bright spot exactly like yours. However I think that is the side of the battery so I ‘Dont’ think there are any screws there.

Associate
I had this with an iPhone that had a screen replacement.

Apple use different length screws that are within .1mm and if you get them mixed up they are a nightmare to tell which is which.

What happened to mine was that they did mix these up and ended up putting a slightly too long screw in the wrong hole - this put pressure on the screen from behind and I was left with a bright spot exactly like yours. However I think that is the side of the battery so I ‘Dont’ think there are any screws there.

There are no screws where that white dot is just the battery. If apple ever mixed the shield screws up inside an iphone i would not leave the shop without a new phone - long screw damage from burrowing into the main-board is a board killer. New screen time it seems but i would recommend trying to source an original screen as aftermarket screens never feel the same.

Edit: OP why did you not use a PAYG sim to activate the phone to see how bad it really is?

Back
Top Bottom