Ebay - Yes I should know better.

Soldato
Ended up with a Fake 1050ti instead of a used one from ebay, my own fault I admit. Seller is now trying to offer a replacement and 50% refund.
Not looking for advice as I know what to do and will probably string it out for a while. It was so cheap I don't mind losing a bit for entertainment.
OCUK were given the opportunity to supply some Haribo which is a good outcome :D
Andi.

Soldato
OP
Why would I accept a replacement fake card that Nvidia drivers don't recognise. There is no hint that the replacement is anything other than another fake card. As I said I don't have a problem all is sorted now with real parts.
Just want to publicise that these things happen and caution the unwary.
Andi.

Soldato
OP
You check the seller out.

See my post above. I asked for a link to seller.

The guy is selling gpu's at a stupidly price. He is also then letting you buy multiples at even bigger discounts. Like buy 2 get 5% off, buy 3 get 7% off buy 4 get 10% off, etc.

Looking through everything else they are selling its all cheap tat from China. They also have thousands of random listing. Like he's also selling plastic feet (mannaquin style). Basically just a junk shop like pound land.

Even when looking at the gpu he is selling there is no manufacturer name, the cards have a generic cooler and even the backplate looks dodgy.

You would have to be asleep at the wheel to fall for such an obvious scam seller if you know your pc parts.
Glad you had fun researching the stuff you must be bored!
Andi.

Soldato
OP
Post some photos of it.
20191015_132040.jpg

20191015_132029.jpg

Soldato
OP
Tech by Matt on youtube just did a video on these fake graphics cards (and for those not in the know, all these Chinese fakers do is take an old card and flash a modified BIOS to make it to make it appear to be a more current card and also make it unable to have the BIOS flashed back to what it originally was although there are a few ways to get around it) and purchased a supposed 2GB GTX1050Ti which used that exact same cooler.

You can still find out what the actual card is by taking the cooler off and looking at the GPU as long as they aren't smart enough to remove that which I'm guessing they aren't.
So you can see the pics?
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom