Eclipse Question

Associate
Up until Monday morning i have been able to upload torrents at 448kb/s,my bittornado seed light was green but now i can only upload at 7kb/s and the yellow light is showing,i have altered nothing and it is saying that i am behind a firewall or my ports need forwarded,these i have done already,i am on ecilpse evo 4 package,my 10 day training period is up on friday and i have phoned eclipse and they say nothing has changed could it be BT.I have tried various torrent sites and all showing the same.My router is a netgear dg834.Any ideas would be helpful.

Associate
OP
i signed up last tuesday,everything has been fine but all of a sudden torrents do not seed properly,i phoned tech support and they say nothing has changed their end,but i know nothing has altered my end,something fishy going on maybe.

Associate
OP
Phoned Eclipse yesterday about the diabolical speeds,they say they do not throttle torrents and that it is a problem on their end and that they are trying to solve the issue.If it does not get any better i am off and i have only been with them two and a half weeks.I am only getting between 30kb/s and 38kb/s on torrent downloads and all that for £29.99 (YEAH I AGREE RIPOFF) and that is for their best home service EVO 4.

Associate
OP
I am getting 29kb/s down and 48kb/s up,phoned them again this morning to complain and they said do 5 bt speed tests and send the results in but my speedtests are ok on normal internet traffic it is just p2p that it is bad,This is my 11th day and this afternoon my speeds shot up to 550kb/s but now it is back down,i was better off with f2s.I am getting really angry now and fed up,i am close to joining Nildram but i do not know if they are having the same problems any help would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
Nobody needs an 8meg connection speed unless you are downloading torrents like me or are watching the new broadband t.v..For browsing the internet you could still browse effectively with a 1meg connection.

Back
Top Bottom