Eden Lake

Soldato
Anyone else seen this movie? Watched it earlier on tonight and I have to admit it's one of the most ****** up movies I've seen in a long time :eek:

The story is based on a young couple who decide to enjoy a romantic trip camping in a forest next to a lake only to be interupted by a gang of youths with violent consequences. Brings to light the question of what might / could actually happen considering the youth of today and the way some of them are brought up.

Got it on Blu-Ray a few weeks ago, and definately appreciated it more on the repeat viewing.

Unnerving, relentless and unforgivingly brutal. I do think it paints a slightly too hyperbolic image of the Midlands, however playing that down or explaining "it's not all like this...." would have broken the flow and tension and, quite simply, been out of place amidst the sustained horror.

The thing that got to me the most in this film was the very last scene. I don't know why but seeing the psycho killer have a poster of WWE wrestler Batista on his wall really freaked me out. It just made it feel too real.

Great horror movie. I really thought it would just be another dumb slasher movie but its far from that. Also, this stuff does happen. Just recently a bunch of Russian kids filmed their murders on a phone camera. Do a search for Russian hammer killer videos, or not.

It was a nasty film. I think they were trying to hard to make it feel bleak, they should have stuck round to the end where they all get arrested.

It was a nasty film. I think they were trying to hard to make it feel bleak, they should have stuck round to the end where they all get arrested.

I think the fact they didnt do this just adds to sickness of the film, because it does happen and in tight nit communities like that they probably do get away with it.

i've seen some pretty dark stuff but this film did unnerve me. purely for the fact that it was based on something that could so easily happen. from the scene with the bunny in the cage i got the distinction of just how screwed brett was on the head and when the badger in the cage was shown, i realised that this was going to continue on the unforgivingness of what i thought he was capable of. the final scene wasn't perfect but overall, this was cinematic fear at it's upmost.

Though this film was damn annoying, I mean how many times did that (albeit hot) chick get away?

It was brilliant, very dark and damn scary. The last scene was just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom