Edge links pinned to taskbar

DAS

DAS

Associate
I have two websites pinned by Edge to my taskbar via the browser's menu, but they seen to be identified as apps rather than shortcuts, so cannot be unpinned. The option is being offered to uninstall the "app", but that would mean the entire browser. I have not had this problem previously so I guess it's a change in how Edge handles them. I know there have been problems unpinning Edge itself, but I can do that which makes it even odder.

I have tried numerous things without success, including repairing/resetting Edge. I am loathe to reinstall Edge from scratch as it's not that crucial, but wondered if anyone else has encountered this?

Thanks

David

Associate
You should be able to unpin with a simple right click to bring up options?

Also you can't uninstall Edge, not unless you use something like winutil script to remove it completely.

What windows you running?

DAS

DAS

Associate
OP
Unpin from taskbar appears as the only menu option (other than the link itslelf) but does nothing. Windows 11.

I think it a corrupt taskbar/registry entry but whatever I try, it refuses to budge.

DAS

DAS

Associate
OP
Bizarrely, I can now unpin these links. There must have been some update in the background today.

Thanks for your replies.

Back
Top Bottom