Eero Routers

Associate
I recently ordered some Eero Pros from Amazon. I wasn’t in to take the parcel and the DPD driver marked it as delivered to my neighbour with my house number and his name. I have spoken to the neighbour and he didn’t sign for the parcel.

Is there a way in Amazon can trace these devices?

I am fighting with Amazon for a refund and would like to know this so I can take it up with them. I am sure we can all agree that Amazon customer service are not the best.

Soldato
I recently ordered some Eero Pros from Amazon. I wasn’t in to take the parcel and the DPD driver marked it as delivered to my neighbour with my house number and his name. I have spoken to the neighbour and he didn’t sign for the parcel.

I am fighting with Amazon for a refund and would like to know this so I can take it up with them. I am sure we can all agree that Amazon customer service are not the best.

im not sure on the situation mate, I hope you get it resolved, but a little pointer..check CEX. I got some of my Eero routers there, and they are about a third to half the price than Amazon.

GL.

Soldato

Amazon strikes again, we have no end of problems with them, they have got a lot worse, parcels always days late, door stepping parcels, or just never turn up, ive cancelled my membership, because the best last one was I had a parcel delivered to my mum who lives in a Bungalow called Beechfield Bungalow, for 3 weeks I was fighting with Amazon after they said they successfully delivered my items and signed for by resident, I told them the show me the photo and signature as proof which they couldnt provide, 3 weeks past and it turned up, the dumb driver had pushed the items through a letterbox of a part time fire station just down the road, because......you know......its easy to mistake a fire station for a damn bungalow, they are idiots and on top of that, they put the price of prime up, add advert to prime video unless you pay more, and have to pay extra for same day useless delivery.

Rant over.....Amazons policies state that the item is there responsibility until you have received it, just threaten them with a small claims court.

Associate
OP
Amazon strikes again, we have no end of problems with them, they have got a lot worse, parcels always days late, door stepping parcels, or just never turn up, ive cancelled my membership, because the best last one was I had a parcel delivered to my mum who lives in a Bungalow called Beechfield Bungalow, for 3 weeks I was fighting with Amazon after they said they successfully delivered my items and signed for by resident, I told them the show me the photo and signature as proof which they couldnt provide, 3 weeks past and it turned up, the dumb driver had pushed the items through a letterbox of a part time fire station just down the road, because......you know......its easy to mistake a fire station for a damn bungalow, they are idiots and on top of that, they put the price of prime up, add advert to prime video unless you pay more, and have to pay extra for same day useless delivery.

Rant over.....Amazons policies state that the item is there responsibility until you have received it, just threaten them with a small claims court.
The worst thing is, it was DPD who ‘delivered’ the parcel

Associate
This is odd, typically Amazon will refund you in case of any dispute. At work we have things go missing sometimes and have never had any issues from Amazon in resolving.

sg0

sg0

Associate
Very odd. I wonder how the driver knew your neighbours name. How did you pay? Perhaps issue a chargeback or section 75 with you're bank card issuer.

Associate
OP
Very odd. I wonder how the driver knew your neighbours name. How did you pay? Perhaps issue a chargeback or section 75 with you're bank card issuer.
Because they take parcels for us all the time. I am guessing he knew that way. He is our regular driver and he’s so nice I don’t want him to get into trouble but it’s best part of £400.

The problem is 1) I used Amazon payments (pay over five months interest free) 2) I did use a card to pay the initial payment but that was lower then £100 so not full covered 3) I have read if you do a chargeback it’s not well received at Amazon and they are known to block accounts.

Generally speaking I order a lot on Amazon, stuff like baby wipes, stuff the little one etc and don’t want to lose that ease. They’re also known to block any accounts at that address (so I’ve read)

Associate
OP
So this is a turn up for the books:

We looked into your order, and carrier has confirmed the shipment you reported lost was delivered to you in good condition. As a result, we will not be issuing a replacement or a refund for contents of that shipment.

This despite me speaking to the DPD depot directly myself last week.

So now I have four options:

1) take DPD to small claims court
2) take Amazon to small claims court (and likely have account closed by Amazon)
3) don’t repay the monthly payments (and likely have account closed by Amazon)
4) do a chargeback (and likely have account closed by Amazon)

Soldato
Have you checked the package\tracking on the DPD website?

They normally take pictures etc of where it was left or delivered too.

DPD around here will not leave the parcel unless a "safe place" has been set on the delivery.

I had covid once, didn't want to open the door to infect the driver but even though I was in and there he refused to leave the parcel by the door for me to collect once he had left because no safe place was set.

In the end they delivered it the next day and I just ended up going around to collect it from the driver.

Don't suppose you have any security cameras\doorbells recording activity at your door to prove he never turned up?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes, I do. He is clearly heard saying he will leave it on my doorstep, he then walks away and takes a photo of my neighbours house. The tracking says he left it at my neighbours house with his name but my door number. No one was at home.

I am at work today and he has just turned up at my door and (although polite) was talking to my partner who knows very little about what has happened and I have dealt with everything. I have never heard of a driver visiting a property to discuss a missing parcel with the homeowner before, however this has never happened before so I don’t know what the protocol is for these kind of incidents.

I really am at a loss, I can see my account being banned the way this is going and having delivery drivers knock on my door is not helping with my anxiety levels.

Soldato
Never had a problem with amazon customer service, always been brilliant. If they can not provide evidence that it was delivered to your house, then they need to refund you

Associate
OP
I agree. I have responded to the email to appeal, but I have spoken to DPD and they haven’t even spoken to them. Amazon have made this decision based on the DPD tracking alone (which is incorrect)

Soldato
I agree. I have responded to the email to appeal, but I have spoken to DPD and they haven’t even spoken to them. Amazon have made this decision based on the DPD tracking alone (which is incorrect)
Did you manage to speak with the DPD delivery driver in the end?

Associate
OP
Got this response from Amazon.

We looked into your order, and CARRIER has confirmed the shipment you reported lost was delivered to you in good condition. As a result, we will not be issuing a replacement or a refund for contents of that shipment.

To learn more about our policies, go to Conditions of Use & Sale:
www.amazon.co.uk/help/conditionsofuse

This decision is final , We will likely not respond to further emails about this issue.

At a complete loss now. Either pay almost £400 for nothing or take them to court and likely lose my account and access to all my echo devices etc and risk all my family being banned too! I never thought I’d be put in this position.

Soldato
1. Obtain the proof of delivery photo from DPD. It is standard policy for DPD to take one so if there isn't one then this is an issue.
I presume the photo will not be your open door.
2. Do not correspond with Amazon over the phone, send an email to their complaints department (I don't have the email address to hand but it is simple enough to get)

You will have much better luck writing to the complaints department than speaking to any first line customer service person.

Edit: this is the email address [email protected]

You should get a reply from Executive Customer Relations who can at least give you more than a scripted reply.

Last edited:
Associate
1. Obtain the proof of delivery photo from DPD. It is standard policy for DPD to take one so if there isn't one then this is an issue.
I presume the photo will not be your open door.
2. Do not correspond with Amazon over the phone, send an email to their complaints department (I don't have the email address to hand but it is simple enough to get)

You will have much better luck writing to the complaints department than speaking to any first line customer service person.

Edit: this is the email address [email protected]

You should get a reply from Executive Customer Relations who can at least give you more than a scripted reply.
This, complaints team will be far more use and at least you will get more of a two way conversation

Soldato
Update: finally got it sorted. Went through to chat and asked to speak to a manager, he refunded me instantly. Very very strange situation that they didn’t do it initially and waited days of emails back and forth.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Glad you got it sorted in the end

Back
Top Bottom