EK AIO or EK Diy Bundle?

Associate
Im looking at getting a new case (possibly Fractal Design Meshify 2), but at the same time looking at replacing my current MSI AIO (high temps now, know issues I think), anyway, would there be much of an advantage going for a EK Water Blocks EK-Kit Classic RGB S360 over a EK Water Blocks EK-AIO 360 D-RGB All In One ? CPU is AMD 5900x

Im mainly after the best/lowest temps, not really interested in RGB etc.

Thanks
Rob

Associate
You'll get the same rad on both, but the key difference is the bundle gives you the option of expandability. If you're thinking about adding your gpu to the loop in the future then the bundle will probably be the winner *if you're only choosing between the 2*.

What I would carefully consider is if you really want to go with EK exclusively as you could probably save a fair bit of cash looking at other brands if you're just after temps and don't care about aesthetics. Additionally, if you want to add more to your loop then a single slim 360 likely won't be enough if you've got a more recent gpu/cpu.

Associate
OP
well what is wrong with your current AIO? (what case and setup)
Fractal Design Meshify C case, MSI MAG 240 coreLiquid AIO, idle temps are ~50, playing games ~90 deg C, placed at front of the case. Temps didn't used to be this high, looking on other forums etc there is a known issue with teh AIO I can return it but would take around 10 days to get is RMA'd but using it as working at home etc, so looking at getting a new case and CPU cooling (then I'll return the MSI)

Soldato
EK just expensive

MSi have some known issues with gumming up. You could strip it and see if the CPU heat exchanger is blocked and then refill. About to do this with a friends unit with exactly the same issues as you. His cause maybe he bought it and left it boxed for a year.

Arctic suggested and the brand I want to try next.

Kraken AIO which I have with no issues but can also be pricey.

Associate
Using the EK 360 non-RGB as the Arctic Freezer backplate won't fit (O11D Evo, maybe another motherboard should be fine, MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 won't).
Performance is good, noise level is fine. Have my fans at 45% and pump at 75%. 12700K only yesterday during Cinebench reached 76C. Under (my) normal use, never past 50C. Now ambient 16C, CPU 21C.
Some EK stuff is expensive but the AIO was reasonable. £109.
If you decide for the Arctic, is a fine choice. Just make sure the thicker radiator won't be an issue for you.
Using the Corsair 5000D + X570-F some time ago, had to install the fans outside, as they would interfere with the VRM heatsink. The Corsair AIO was fine, but the high pitch was a pain, noticeable from the other room.

Back
Top Bottom