EK quantum torque micro 90 degree issues

Soldato
Is it just me or has anyone else experienced and issues with these fittings ?

In total I've brought 4, and they're really not cheap, so far out of the 4, I've only had 1 that haven't failed in some way......yet !!!, whilst connecting the first one the Alan key joint snapped off and fell inside the fitting, leaving shards of metal to fall into my water block, I couldn't get the fitting back out and had to dremmel it in half to be able to remove it from my water block, I then had to strip my water block down to remove all the shards of metal that fell through which turned out to be the 4 little posts that connect the top Alan key to the bottom thread, I wasn't even doing it up that tight, just pinching it up.

The next 2 just leaked like a tap from the same place (the Alan key joint)

I'm using 1 now but closely monitoring it for leaks as I'm starting to rapidly lose trust in these fittings.

Last edited:
Barrow fittings came today, and whilst removing the EK micro fitting, the same thing happened again, I won't ever be buying these again, in with the dremmel again.

EK may be the cool kids when it comes to watercooling but unfortunately for them and those who buy them their QC is terrible. They used to make nice parts once but now its just over priced and underperforming rubbish :(

Yeah....im starting to see that myself now, these Barrow fittings seem pretty good, very solid, and thanks to @Parsley ive managed to source a couple of those Koolance "Swivelling Elbow" fittings which i'll stick on my water block at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom