ekwb bykski barrow compatibility

Associate
Hello, I just want to know if anyone did try ekwb 16mm torque compression fittings and use barrow 16mm metal tubing. Is there any problem in terms of fitting it with ekwb’s? Or does it fit like a glove?

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

You would think that having 16mm tubing and 16mm fittings that you could mix from any manufacturer. That's what I thought when switching to hardline tubing anyway and it couldn't be further from the truth. I found that some 14mm fittings are rather loose on 14mm tubing unless I used the same brand tubing and fittings which gave me a good tight seal so all I can say is be careful based on my own experience. I ended up with Barrow fittings and Mizucool tubing (rebranded Barrow tubing I believe).

Soldato
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)
I ended up with Barrow fittings and Mizucool tubing (rebranded Barrow tubing I believe).
That's exactly what I ended doing my whole system with it and it's tight as a tight thing (as in nicely tight). Yeah suppose each manufactor will be ever so slightly different, strange we both wen the same company though

Soldato
Im about to put this to the test tonight when i try XSPC fittings with Corsair Hydro series tubing 14mm. Fingers crossed! I do like the XSPC fittings though as they're triple oring sealed.

Associate
Should be no problem. The o-rings will take up any small differences between differing manufactures dimensions and production tolerances. The more o-rings in your fittings the better though.

Soldato
Alphacool Eiszapfen 16mm HardTube compression fitting, G1/4, Knurled, Deep Black, 6pk
or
Thermaltake Pacific G1 4 PETG Tube 16 mm OD Adapter with LCS Fitting Cooling Device - Chrome
I've got thermaltake tubing:
Thermaltake Liquid Cooling System V-Tubler 5/8-Inch 16 mm OD 1000 mm PETG Tube - Transparent (Pack of 4)

Is this only 1 O-ring?:
https://uk.thermaltake.com/pacific-...mm-od-compression-chrome-6-pack-fittings.html

I have just measured my tubing its 16 OD/ 14mm ID, but its the OD that counts for hard tubing & compression fittings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom