EKWD aluminium fittings

Associate
Hi, I currently have an aluminium EKWB loop. I have had to buy a new pump/ res, the issue I have is that I can't mix all different type of metals with my loop. I need a connector to connect the tubing to the res. The res I have is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...gb-pump-reservoir-combo-acetal-wc-9ys-ek.html. Can someone help with some advice on what part I could use for a fitting suitable for my setup. Thank you

Soldato
Hi, I currently have an aluminium EKWB loop. I have had to buy a new pump/ res, the issue I have is that I can't mix all different type of metals with my loop. I need a connector to connect the tubing to the res. The res I have is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...gb-pump-reservoir-combo-acetal-wc-9ys-ek.html. Can someone help with some advice on what part I could use for a fitting suitable for my setup. Thank you
According to the EK website, that pump/res isn't compatible with the EK Aluminium stuff

Man of Honour
even the ones from ekwb for the aluminium kits are nickel plated :)
Source to this 'claim' ?

You are giving bad advice, i'm afraid.

Google any images or reviews and you will see that the inner barb part ( the important part in this case ) of the supplied compression fittings are Aluminium.

The outer sleeve of the fitting maybe nickel plated, but this part does not make contact with water so is irrelevant.

@BritansGriffin , EK have some of the original alu fittings in stock here ;

Associate
Source to this 'claim' ?

You are giving bad advice, i'm afraid.

Google any images or reviews and you will see that the inner barb part ( the important part in this case ) of the supplied compression fittings are Aluminium.

The outer sleeve of the fitting maybe nickel plated, but this part does not make contact with water so is irrelevant.

@BritansGriffin , EK have some of the original alu fittings in stock here ;

One of the parts i saw was made from the nickel plated aluminium but that seems to have been only the outer to protect against moisture in the air. My bad.

Soldato
If you really struggle to find suitable parts to add to your aluminium loop, you could consider changing your fluid to purely distilled/deionised water and load up with Mayhems Hades and Inhibitor. Was talking to Mick a while back about incorporating aluminium into a copper+brass+nickel loop and he said their Inhibitor will do the job perfectly with a slightly stronger concentration.

I'm not necessarily advocating this for you though.

Back
Top Bottom