Elderly White Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
FA reform: Former chiefs say 'elderly white men' block change

Why does the BBC think this is appropriate? I guarantee that if someone said "young black men" or "middle aged chinese women" were to blame for something, the BBC would be foaming at the bit to make this an issue of racism. The person saying it would be taking a hot poker up their backside until they apologised for being an evil racist bigot.

And on that note, why is diversity for the sake of diversity even a good thing? Aren't we meant to be living in a post racial world? If people keeping pushing the race agenda, all they're going to do is continue to disillusion those of us who were brought up being told to ignore the colour of someone's skin.

The Western media and establishment is becoming increasingly hostile to the very people who make it work. Very strange and sad times.

Soldato
OP
So the BBC quoting people is the BBCs issue?

No. The issue is how eagerly they turn a spotlight on "old white men", when if the same criticism had been levelled about non-whites, their narrative would be "this person is a racist or bigot" or at the very least "this black person criticising fellow blacks is a total rogue value and here is a dozen articles proving why blacks are great".

The issue is the narrative. And the BBC's narrative is anti-British.

Soldato
OP
The group of former FA chairmen explicitly believe that the FA being substantially old, white, and male is causing the FA to make bad decisions.

That's what this is all about

Why would their being white be a factor? This is textbook racism. And I don't give a hoot that a white person is the one saying it, one can be racist against their own race after all.

I personally fail to see why a nation which is overwhelmingly white needs to explicitly pursue a racially diversification agenda? The best people for the job should get it, irrespective of skin colour.

Soldato
OP
It's easy to be a bigot. It takes a little more effort to be a liberal person who believes in equality and liberal values. Thee BBC are liberal despite what the OP might think.

Please spare me the liberal martyr nonsense.

It takes no effort to parrot the faux moralising handed down from episodes of Saved By The Bell and whatever, especially when every major institution also parrots those meme's.

Try being a conservative with some actual values, that is where it gets hard.

Soldato
OP
Again, nonsense from the bigoted right. Try being a liberal and caring about those less fortunate than you instead of selfishness masquerading as humanity. :rolleyes:

Gotta be dehumanising the other side, right? They don't have humanity, they are just selfish haters, makes hating them easier. I suppose you'd have to though, as without the smug sense of self-righteousness, you'd realise just have vapid your arguments are.

Soldato
OP
Sickening reply. Proves my point.

Seriously, have you heard yourself? You need to tone down that polemic if you want to be taken seriously. I'm cringing over just how precious your sensibilities are to suggest my words were "sickening".

Is this a troll account or something, are you just playing the part of a stereotypical leftist ********* for kicks? I'm serious. What gives?

Soldato
OP
Awww bless. Are you feeling offended?

Not offended, no. Irritated that the BBC has become so pathetically anti-British? Yes.

But truth be told, I'm not going to protest too loudly. The liberal media is pushing the West further and further towards right-wing nationalism. Long may they continue to bite the hand that feeds them.

Soldato
OP
So wait... this whole thread is about is how five former executives of the FA describe the committee members and its the bbc we are mad at because...??

If you read the original post, my rationale for posting it is there. I further explain it in follow up posts. Rather than feign ignorance, why not address it? Playing dumb to trivialise the issue is not an argument. That's the sort of limp-wristed response that led to Brexit and Trump. You need to try harder.

Soldato
OP
Why are you angry at the BBC and not the Telegraph? Or any of the other news organisations that have reported this story?

Because it's the BBC I saw it on first as they featured it as a main story early this morning. But you're absolutely right, the whole media is a lost cause. The Telegraph in particular has gone down hill immensely.

Soldato
OP
Why are you banging on about Trump (idiot) and Brexit (idiocy) ? You keep mentioning them. Do you have a fascist agenda cause it sounds like you do. :rolleyes:

I would have thought that was obvious. Both of these results were defeats for the liberal establishment, showing that people are now rejecting the status quo of the last two decades.

And I don't think you know what Fascism is, so whether I am for it or not is moot. I could be a Stalinist and you'd still try to stick me with the usual buzzwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom