Electric Guitar

Soldato
Hi

I would like to get a new guitar soon , been playing for years all be it a bit rusty:o

I own a electric guitar and a acoustic electric as well as a Bass.

My electric guitar was my first so was fairly basic , it is a Peavey Predator.

Now I would like to spend some money on a good one , but not having played the electric for a while apart from my acoustic so I'm not sure what to be looking at apart from the obvious Fender,Gibson and so on.

I have a budget of £1000 and could stretch to £1400 , seen Ibanez on a lot of sights are they any good or should I just get a Gibson Les paul or a Fender telecaster ?

cheers

Soldato
OP
The problem is, its a very personal decision. You need to think very carefully about what sort of music you want to play, if its metal, then it would be pointless really to get a Telecaster, if you want that classic rock you might want to see what Gibson can do. If you want something fairly versatile, then maybe a Strat or a HSS Strat. Some of the Made in Mexico Strats are pretty damned good now, so try not to be drawn in by the Made in America ones, when the differences are only marginal.

I will advise this though, don't spend money for spending monies sake. Just because you have a budget of £1400, doesn't mean that the perfect guitar for you will cost that, you might find the guitar of dreams for less than half that.

Think carefully about what would go with your amp too.

Sorry I couldn't help further, but its horses for courses.

thanks , I understand what you mean:).

Although this is expensive I have found a guitar what I may check out some time-

Ibanez RG3550MZ ?

Soldato
OP
What sort of amp/cabinet will you be using?

Don't spend anywhere near that much without a competent setup :)

something I need to get , only have a amp that suits my bass more.

Also like the Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

In way of music I like all sorts , and a lot of classic stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hi again:)

By the way do guitar shops normally do deals , I have a PMT guitar shop near me, but I have never asked for a cheaper price do they normally knock the price down if you ask?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom