Electric shavers

Man of Honour
Typical, I've had my Panasonic LV95 since Nov 2016 and the last replacement foil I put in was Christmas 2018.
I shave every day and it I'm always amazed how close it gets.
Today it started hurting a bit and a very tiny hole has appeared in it.
Shavers.co.uk now do have replacement foil/cutters at a cost of £55 but I've decided to buy the Panasonic LV67 instead so basically I'm getting the shaver for £45 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Typical, I've had my Panasonic LV95 since Nov 2016 and the last replacement foil I put in was Christmas 2018.
I shave every day and it I'm always amazed how close it gets.
Today it started hurting a bit and a very tiny hole has appeared in it.
Shavers.co.uk now do have replacement foil/cutters at a cost of £55 but I've decided to buy the Panasonic LV67 instead so basically I'm getting the shaver for £45 :)

But isn't the L67 a lower & cheaper model shaver then the LV95 you already had ?

Last edited:
Soldato
below site is still excellent reviews / comments on model variations.

the AI(Musks fault) beard 'sensor' it discusses is still an annoying feature on the newer Pans,I find it isn't going full speed all the time, so have to make more passes.
although I use the 3 head version of lv65,still contemplating buying more expensive blades for my older razer body that didn't have that sensor .(£35 full head versus £25 for newer one)

I've nvever replaced just the grills - maybe that works ?

below sites great - many genuine comments, follow the advice, also iterated earlier in this thread, get a better value Panasonic
https://shavercheck.com/braun-series9-original-vs-updated/

Associate
Just wanted to say 'thanks' for this, as I had been waiting. I almost 'upgraded' to the 6-blade instead, but I think what I have is fine, and so the new foil & cutters will be great.

Man of Honour
Panasonic LV67 has just arrived.
Looks really nice compared to the LV95/65 and it just shows how tired my old LV95 was, this is excellent for £99.

lv67vlv65.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Is there much of a difference across the shaver price range? I was amazed at the top-end cost in Boots the other day and can't believe there is the value in the high end over a £50-£100 device

Man of Honour
Is there much of a difference across the shaver price range? I was amazed at the top-end cost in Boots the other day and can't believe there is the value in the high end over a £50-£100 device

I can't say enough praise for the Panasonic LV65, 95 and now 67 and 97 range compared to cheaper products.
On Thursday I took my LV67 to my Brother in Law to try and he bought one immediately.
It should be £160 but on Amazon for £100.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a shaver for around £50 as I haven't a clue. I've had a Braun F-5800 for 10 years but it's not cutting too well now. Don't know if I need a foil shaver or the rotary head ones?

Braun series 5 any good?

Last edited:
Soldato
I printed out this shelf add-on for the panasonic nose trimmer I bought a few months ago, and it blends in nicely with the shaver shelf I printed last xmas.

i96l5Lq.jpg

ga2cEF5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't say enough praise for the Panasonic LV65, 95 and now 67 and 97 range compared to cheaper products.
On Thursday I took my LV67 to my Brother in Law to try and he bought one immediately.
It should be £160 but on Amazon for £100.

Totally agree. I bought my LV97 in November 22, so have had it nearly a year. At the time i paid £124.99 from the rainforest. It is by a long way THE best shaver i have ever owned, and at 65 years old, i have gone through more than most peeps on this forum :D
I actually think this is one of those shavers that really benefits from using the manufacturers own cleaning fluid for a change. When i bought mine i bought 3 of Panasonics cleaning sachets with it and only recently needed to open the second sachet. Like most of us, i wash it under the tap every time i use it, but i also put it in the cleaning stand and charge it every 2 weeks along with giving it a complete cleaning cycle. So far the foil shows no sign of needing to be replaced, neither does the cutting head.
Not only is this the best shaver i have ever owned, but i also think it may well end up being the cheapest shaver i have ever owned in pure "cost" of ownership.

Soldato
Panasonic LV67 has just arrived.
Looks really nice compared to the LV95/65 and it just shows how tired my old LV95 was, this is excellent for £99.

lv67vlv65.jpg
How old was it? Are you replacing because its broken or just because you fancied it?

Edit: Nvm. Read the thread. Very helpful!

Do you think the clean station is worth it?

Edit2: Read the thread a bit more. Also very helpful lol! Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree. I bought my LV97 in November 22, so have had it nearly a year. At the time i paid £124.99 from the rainforest. It is by a long way THE best shaver i have ever owned, and at 65 years old, i have gone through more than most peeps on this forum :D
I actually think this is one of those shavers that really benefits from using the manufacturers own cleaning fluid for a change. When i bought mine i bought 3 of Panasonics cleaning sachets with it and only recently needed to open the second sachet. Like most of us, i wash it under the tap every time i use it, but i also put it in the cleaning stand and charge it every 2 weeks along with giving it a complete cleaning cycle. So far the foil shows no sign of needing to be replaced, neither does the cutting head.
Not only is this the best shaver i have ever owned, but i also think it may well end up being the cheapest shaver i have ever owned in pure "cost" of ownership.
I have used only 3 of the Panasonic sachets in a year as I clean the shaver only once a week... I havent really any other shaver to compare it to as I have been using a razor for yrs, but I cant see me going back to a razor as the LV97 cuts almost aswel, plus I have no fears of nicking myself anymore. And its saved me about £50-£100 in razor blades aswel.

Last edited:
Soldato

One sachet over a year - ewh -
Pan is cleaned at least once a week with dish soap and oiled - but, shave everyday, and can do maybe 3-4 10min shaves from one charge.

Man of Honour
How old was it? Are you replacing because its broken or just because you fancied it?

Edit: Nvm. Read the thread. Very helpful!

Do you think the clean station is worth it?

Edit2: Read the thread a bit more. Also very helpful lol! Thanks.

Just to clarify
I needed a new foil and the shaver was only £45 more but it is way better.
I never used the station only to charge.

Soldato
I have noticed that theres no point in emptying or cleaning the shaver less than 3-4days worth of stubble, because the LV97 cuts so finely that there's hardly anything to empty. So thats the reason why I only clean and empty mine once a week.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have noticed that theres no point in emptying or cleaning the shaver less than 3-4days worth of stubble, because the LV97 cuts so finely that there's hardly anything to empty. So thats the reason why I only clean and empty mine once a week.

And it's very quick.
Mrs just been nagging she wants my shaver to put in the suitcase, 2 minutes later my face is like a baby's bum.

Soldato
No, the LV65 was the same shaver as the LV95 but the 95 came with a cleaning station.
The LV67 is the new version of the LV65 and the LV97 is the new improved LV95.
Thanks for this post --- ended up buying the LV67 as I didn't really want the faff of the caddy and it seems cleaning under the tap is the easiest solution.

What cleaning products do you use? Is there a specific routine that works well?

Back
Top Bottom