1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite Dangerous - PS4 Launch June 27th.

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Dano, May 16, 2017.

1. Chatty72

Gangster

It seems that the majority of people having issues are with bt broadband but the devs are saying the problem is not the isp but something within the game.

2. Dano

Sgarrista

It is always online and that can happen if you play in Open but you can play in Solo mode to stop it or if you want to play with friends Private group mode.

3. ak22

Soldato

Ow man i just spent about 40 minuets to transporting tourists for 1.2 million payout only to get to the space station and press O..... rather hand hold it down to deploy landing gear.... I fired my thrustes and flew into the back of the space station booom mission failed...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. bloodline76

Sgarrista

Ouch lol

5. stoofa

Capodecina

1.03 patch from yesterday or was it day before? Really made a difference for me. I'm on a non-pro and screen tearing was a little bad, latest patch seems to have fixed most of those issues for me.

Currently taking part in my first community challenge - shipping tech from one system to another. I'm in the "top 75%" for rewards, but aiming to get into the "top 50%". I can pick up all the stock I want two jumps away and ship it in.

6. bloodline76

Sgarrista

I seem to just pick up a mission jump to base, hand in mission, rinse and repeat, I don't get attacked or see anyone else...

7. ak22

Soldato

I was on long Jouerney in my ASP Explorer so i made sure i had a fuel scoop but I had few mishaps along the way my ship was overheating badly when trying to refuel. So I thought I would jump to the next system and scoop some fuel up but it was troll star that gave me no fuel :(

I ended up with 5% health and no fuel... luckily for me the fuel rats came to my rescue mr-tomazzz came in his Diamondback explorer and gave me enough fuel and some tips to get me to my final destination.

If your ever run out of fuel ask the fuel rates for help! awesome bunch of people : https://www.fuelrats.com

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  8. 2StepSteve

Soldato

ha pretty crazy that you have people standing by to help you out. I am seriously tempted by this game. However, I bought No Man's Sky a couple of months back, sank 10 hours in to it and had no desire to return to it. Not sure how long my interest would be kept with this.

9. Furbs

Wise Guy

I love this game, but I loved the original back in the day. I love just going out into the middle of nowhere, finding a planet and exploring the sights.

10. B&W

Soldato

Anyone still playing this on PS4. I downloaded it at first then played hour found it difficult and uninstalled. I am reinstalling it today.

11. ak22

Soldato

Haven't play this in ages but i found these videos helpful when I first started

12. Tauren

Capodecina

I occasionally boot it up. Warp a few systems. Tinker with my ship and load out. Occasionally swap it out for something different.

It truly is a game of epic scale. And some of the sights you can see are excellent. A lot of time is spent travelling though.. so if you’re not the patient type, it can get a little frustrating. There’s also a big grind with the engineers if you really want to be competitive in the pvp side of things.

I’d say it does have a steep learning curve, there is a lot to take in and you’ll find yourself needing to watch YouTube guides for some of the more obscure stuff like deep core mining. Just remember, never fly without a rebuy. If you’re new I’d also recommend an auto docking computer. It makes the whole landing process much easier for newer players.