The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wonder if this will just be a storm I a teacup and it won't really change.

In similar vain to what @Werewolf mentions, whilst he won't have shareholders to please it's still a business that needs to bring in the advertising monies, so I doubt he'll want to rock the boat too much. And if he does then it'll likely spark issues with various governments; i think the EU have already stated they're keeping an eye on him/Twitter going forward.

To be honest, i give it two or three years before he sticks it back on the market after the ePeen of owning a social media company fades.

Capodecina
Soldato
I personally can't stand this left vs right **** anymore. It's intentionally divisive. I bought into it for years but I don't care anymore. There are idiots everywhere.

Caporegime
I personally can't stand this left vs right **** anymore. It's intentionally divisive. I bought into it for years but I don't care anymore. There are idiots everywhere.

I didn't quite realise how many people from this very forum get joy out of seeing "the other side raging"

It's very weird to me, we are all humans.

Permabanned
I would say people typing leftie tears are just sick of being victimised by the perpetual victims these days, their alt opinions being put down by the mobs and echo chambers, so when there is a glimmer of light from someone to speak up about the total state of it all they see hope for the world?

Caporegime
I would say people typing leftie tears are just sick of being victimised by the perpetual victims these days, their alt opinions being put down by the mobs and echo chambers, so when there is a glimmer of light from someone to speak up about the total state of it all they see hope for the world?

Interesting first post.

Permabanned
It looks like a terrible risk to me to buy anything for that much money but what would i know VS a super rich man

Elon does appear to actually care about free speech, it's something he's spoken about before. He doesn't appear to be doing this to make money, he's already got plenty and the companies he owns are massively successful. But, if there is money to be made here, he'll find a way.... You would be crazy to not back him at this point.

Capodecina
Soldato

Elon Musk taking over Twitter is hope for "the world"?

Elon does appear to actually care about free speech, it's something he's spoken about before. He doesn't appear to be doing this to make money, he's already got plenty and the companies he owns are massively successful. If there is money to be made here, he'll find a way.... You would be crazy to not back him at this point.

What is actually meant by free speech though? Twitter was already a very dangerous place.

Permabanned
glad you found it interesting, thoughts?

elon musk himself no but someone who hasn't sold out due to advertising and having to hide their true feeling on things.

Free speech as in being able to say something people on the left don't agree with and not being in fear of being doxed? Free speech not hate speech.

Caporegime

Don’t be afraid, just post under your real account.

Permabanned

Exactly. Almost every major company, media organisation, western governments, universities, Hollywood support these left wing agendas, they all spread "the message" and divisive ideologies.

So we have to take a win when we can, we don't get many.

Caporegime
glad you found it interesting, thoughts?

elon musk himself no but someone who hasn't sold out due to advertising and having to hide their true feeling on things.

Free speech as in being able to say something people on the left don't agree with and not being in fear of being doxed? Free speech not hate speech.

To be honest, I don't follow trends much, but doxxing was always something that right-wing gamergate type people were doing.

Caporegime
Exactly. Almost every major company, media organisation, western governments, universities, Hollywood support these left wing agendas, they all spread "the message" and divisive ideologies.

So we have to take a win when we can, we don't get many.

There is no agenda, just advertising opportunities.

V F

V F

Soldato
It makes people feel superior. I'm sick of seeing comments like "leftie tears" etc.

Or you've got the ones who if you're not left, you're alt right. I see many central ground people labelled as alt right but you never see extreme left mentioned.

Permabanned
What is actually meant by free speech though? Twitter was already a very dangerous place.

Free Speech isn't dangerous, but censoring one side of the argument is, and that's what's been going on for years and still and most popular platforms. From the left wing perspective Twitter probably appears to support free speech.

In Trump's case he incited the storming of the Congress building, which led to the deaths of several people, I can't imagine why any company might have a minor issue with that, especially the various huge advertisers who spend billions a year on associating themselves with the "freedom, democracy, apple pie and the American way" sort of image.

He never incited violence, only to peacefully protest. Nowhere did he incite violence, which is exactly why they failed to impeach him... twice.

It was a perfect storm, huge amounts of protesters, barely any security and a few instigators from Antifa to cause trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom