Email signature

Soldato
What is the best practice for email signatures? Is it worth putting a small logo in my signature? I have just rebranded and the more times people see my logo the better!

If so, what is the best way to do it as I get some which are blocked andOutlook asks if I want to download them but others seem to show up with no prompt. Are the ones that show up hosted on the net and linked rather than sent as an attachement?

Thanks

I personally hate both ways.

All your emails end up with "Show images" links at the top or if you attach a file you have the same problem on some email clients but you're also making it hard for me to find emails specifically with attachments of interest (which I quite often search for / organise by)

RoyMi6
Software Developer
Company Name
http://www.companyname.com

Job done.

I don't have out my phone number to everyone I email and there's no point in putting your email address IN your email.

Roy

I work in shipping and find it nice to have a company logo from whos emailed, as an attachment agreed thats annoying but at the bottom of an email no problem at all.

Also no phone number irritates the **** out of me. Why would you not put it? If i or someone else needed it they then have to find the number for where you work (if possible) go through a switchboard which doesnt help and speak to someone in the office who doesn't know how you want. Or email you back "whats your phone number"

I personally provide no phone number because I don't have time to deal with people on their time. I'm working to tight deadlines and I dictate my priorities based on what I've been told by my boss. You email me, I'll deal with your problem in due course.

I'm not in a regular service based industry but I'll regularly ignore phone calls even from the people I do hand out my phone number to. After doing this I'll usually get an email seconds later along the lines of "You've got a missed call from me but it was nothing important".

I know that when I want something done on my time I'm best to call - I know that's what people expect when they try to call me.

Saying that if you job is customer facing and you want people to be able to get a hold of you then yes, include your phone number.

Back
Top Bottom