Emails and relays

Associate
Hi guys,

Was hoping someone could give me a little bit of help.

I use tsohost for cloud hosting. I need to send emails out with high reliability. They were mostly going to spam before because the hosting mail IP addresses were blacklisted - not because of me but I assume this is fairly standard with shared hosting.

I looked into it and people said this is why sendgrid and mandrill exist. I signed up to sendgrid but I am having the same issue - the isnotspam.com / spamassasin scores are quite high (10.6) mainly because the site sending IP is blacklisted and it is in the header.

"Received: from MzczNzklNQ (outgoing2.gridhost.co.uk [91.208.99.2]) by ismtpd0004p1lon1.sendgrid.net (SG) with HTTP id zwZSu1hoRBGcIi0Nv1daYw for..."

I am a bit confused I thought the whole purpose of sendgrid/mandrill was to get past this!

Does anyone know if there is anyway to remove these bad IPs from the header or bypass them?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
I've only really used MailChimp outside of Gmail/vidahost and not had an issue like this.

I can't see any way of removing the IP or spoofing them as i'm pretty sure it's illegal.

Maybe look at the email clients people are using and see if there is a way of getting your company email whitelisted regardless of IP?

It works fine when using the sendgrid interface as that is where the emails originate.

But the transactional emails get sent from the website which is on a shared hosting (for the moment). It shows the originating IP of the site/relays and those seem to be in spam directories.

I get the feeling any answer involves upgrading my hosting or using a dedicated email server.

Back
Top Bottom