1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embarrassing Gamer Confessions

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BradinHD, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Atlas23

Mobster

What is a Citizen Kane? Don't think I've heard of that game

:p

2. Bumhug

Hitman

Yes, and Maria Whittaker who used to be a page 3 model

3. Pookie Bear

Soldato

I was asking if they were genuinely embarrassed by their admissions. If they are, I maintain that I think that's weird.

I'm fully aware of the impact these games had on the industry and how HL was a huge step up for FPS games, but not liking something that lots of other people do isn't something to be embarrased about. I don't like romcoms, but millions of people in the UK do. Does that embarass me? No, it means I like action films. If I admitted it and got embarassed by it, then yes, I'd think I was acting weird.

Pressing a Playstation controller up against your gooch and then playing a particularly vibratey intro..... that's something to blush about :D

edit: I'd just like to add that I never did the Playstation controller thing! :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

I quit League of Legends after a year, because it was literally ruining my life.
    I spent way to long on it, got very moody, and almost lost my girlfriend over it!

Also:
    Some guy in first year of Uni got addicted to Football Manager and got kicked out due to lack of work.
    One of my friends almost failed University because of WoW.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  5. nick.lidgett

Mobster

FIXED :D

My confessions hmmmm

I really enjoy ETS2,
    I cant use a keyboard and mouse,
    I faked illness to stay at home and play Fifa 13 on release day
    I am a recovering rage quitter, its been over a year now but its still a daily struggle :D

6. JackG4

Gangster

- Basically spent £22,000 to go to Uni and play FIFA for 3 years
    - During my dissertation write up I kept myself entertained by obtaining 99 Fishing on Runescape, this cured my desire to ever play it again
    - 1,250 hours on Guild Wars 2

7. PhysicsMan94

Wise Guy

Over 1000 hours in PlanetSide 2 just over the summer of 2013 - I don't really play it any more except for the occasional few hours every couple of months. Plus I spent over £100 in that game too...

8. Warbie

Soldato

:p

9. Deewon

Gangster

Over 3000 hours logged on World of Warcraft and god knows how much spent on Monthly subscriptions.

Now I just stick to free to play games like League of Legends... so freeeee!

10. Benihana

Wise Guy

I sold my PC when I moved abroad 2 years ago, yet I continue to buy games in the Steam sale.

11. Deewon

Gangster

Ah that is another one. At least 70% of my Steam Library consists of games I have never installed or played. Probably 90% I have never played more than 2 hours of either.

12. AndrewStaples

Associate

13. FARGO

Wise Guy

I bought a PlayStation magazine (about 15 years ago) which came with a free calendar featuring female game characters.

My parents wanted to know why they found it hung up in the bathroom...

14. Varwen

Gangster

I got stuck and couldn't find how to get out of the train station in the first level of Half Life 2, so gave up and haven't touched it since.

I got so wound up at a game that I punched my monitor off the back of the desk. It broke.

Having recently moved house, I haven't really talked to anyone face to face (except my girlfriend or the postman) since september. That's what guilds and OCUK forums are for, right?!

15. Jeps

Hitman

I hit my TV in anger and broke it

16. Raumarik

Capodecina

I use to fabricate support calls (we're talking 10 years ago) on our helpdesk system in such a way that I'd be on site for long periods at sites where you couldn't get mobile signals.

By on site I mean at home playing MMOs during the day..

17. slick rick

Mobster

I also have never played a Final fantasy game.

I didn't like mirrors edge.

18. Lunatic Dreyfus

Mobster

Never played Half Life 2. My excuse is that the FOV in the original demo (as with other Valve games) made me ill. Still feels like I should've played it though.

I spent several months playing Trainz 2006. Driving trains did nothing for me, but I really loved designing tracks and watching trains run along them... That was nearly 8 years ago now and I've been clean ever since. :D

19. jh30uk

PermaBanned

Thanks for the fap material for tonight m8.

20. BradinHD

Associate

I still play all of the Dragon Ball Z games that they release on consoles even though they're getting worse and worse just because one day I hope they'll release an amazing one.