Embedding YouTube with different languages

Soldato
Hi guys, I'm running a few different versions of a single blog in different languages. To begin with, much of the content is the same across the different languages and has been professionally translated by copy teams. However, I have a few videos to include, the ones that aren't available in the other languages have just been left out for now but YouTube has an option both to translate the captions and while it is a bit of a poor substitute, it should be included.

Where I'm tripping up the though is getting the video to embed with the captions both turned on and translated, at the minute I can't get it to do either and I was hoping someone else would have come across the same issue.

Googling around says you should include '&cc_load_policy=1' at the end of the embed code to turn captions on and then 'cc_lang_pref=fr' (for French) before this to choose the language preferences.

I got it to change the language of the menu items etc. to change to French but the default option for subtitles was still 'anglais' and they were not on by default.

Anyone have any experience with this that they could help me out?

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom