Emergency windscreen hammer, Life hammer

Soldato
Due to a recent well publicised incident my wife now wishes me to purchase one of these smash your windscreen type hammer for the glove box.

Anyone have a recommendation of something suitable?

Can't have been that well publicized, I have no idea what you are on about :/

Assuming it is what I think it was all over the news a couple of weeks back - happened in Ireland.

EDIT: Subsequent reading after the fact shows they did manage to break the windows but too late and some of the other details that have come out since are a bit depressing.

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Emerge...=1459190951&sr=1-1&keywords=windscreen+hammer

This seems to sell well, 133 reviews and almost 5 starts, and cheap.

That's the one I have. People may joke, but things 'might' have been very different in that accident. Still have to not panic though and keep your wits about you, which is probably not easy.

Thanks guys, cheap as chips too, will order one.
Yes it was an issue where a Q7 slipped down an algae covered slip road, and into the water.
Baby was passed out an open window, but the rest drowned, possibly saving a disabled kid strapped into the back. I don't know, haven't read much more.
I doubt I will ever be in the situation, but for the sake of £3, I'd rather put my wife's mind at rest.

Done underwater escape training from a ditched helicopter, it would be a horrid experience in real life.

I drive over the Bridgewater Canal 10 times a week and carry an escape hammer in both my cars, one day it may just save your life.

Back
Top Bottom