Eminem - Music to Be Murdered By

Permabanned
Some of the lyrics and wordplay on Kamikaze is up there with his absolute best work. Overall about half the album is skippable but there are some excellent tracks.

Lyrics are secondary to the actual tune/music for me. Once I like the tune and flow of the words then I will actually listen to the lyrics.

His earlier music just sounds better, regardless of the lyrical content, obligatory imo. :p

Soldato
Lyrics are secondary to the actual tune/music for me. Once I like the tune and flow of the words then I will actually listen to the lyrics.

His earlier music just sounds better, regardless of the lyrical content, obligatory imo. :p

I did mean the tracks as a whole, it's just the wordplay that pulled me in to what I originally frankly thought was a crap album.

Soldato
Listened to it this morning. After 1 play though I think it’s not quite as good as Kamikaze. Will have to listen to the album in its entirety a few more times

Yah Yah is ace though. Black Thought is a beast. Bit of a Royce stan but I felt all of his features were on point

Soldato

Yeah agree with that. Much prefer his earlier stuff, even though a lot of it is nonsensical. I'll give his new album a listen though as there are usually a couple of ok tracks.

I have been listening to Kanyes 'my beautiful dark twisted fantasy' album lately and even though the lyrics aren't amazing, it really shows where Eminems new music is lacking with the flow, beats and overall production value.

Soldato
Yeah agree with that. Much prefer his earlier stuff, even though a lot of it is nonsensical. I'll give his new album a listen though as there are usually a couple of ok tracks.

I have been listening to Kanyes 'my beautiful dark twisted fantasy' album lately and even though the lyrics aren't amazing, it really shows where Eminems new music is lacking with the flow, beats and overall production value.

That album is exceptionally good though. Kanye hasn't got another one of those in him!

I think when I hear albums like this latest Eminem one it makes me appreciate Jay Z so much more. 4:44 was a fantastic album and had barely any skip-able tracks and it's a testament to him how he can continue releasing such good bodies of work. Even after 1 play through of this latest album I could see which tracks were skippers. Kamikaze had a few but I feel this has even more.

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to Royce's album next week because of all his features on this album. Book of Ryan was special but I feel he'll surpass it. I'm sure I read/heard an article where Eminem said Royce is the only one he fears on a mic.

Caporegime
OP
I'm really looking forward to Royce's album next week because of all his features on this album. Book of Ryan was special but I feel he'll surpass it. I'm sure I read/heard an article where Eminem said Royce is the only one he fears on a mic.

He is so underrated it's sad. Everything he releases is quality.

Man of Honour
I saw there was some ‘controversy’ over this in respect of a Manchester bombing reference. Some ‘life long’ fans were saying they were hurt by the reference.

In which case, lololol? Eminem has always referenced tragedies and has been far more offensive - the ‘bullies shot up at one time’ lyric from MM LP is horrendously offensive! All the Christopher Reeves stuff... Ron Goldman...

Honestly I think the Manchester reference is tame. Fair enough it is offensive in some ways but to be a fan of Eminem’s and then get offended by that is laughable.

Associate
I used to love eminem when I was younger but listen to some of his older stuff now he just sounds like a whinney little brat. The lyrics really havnt ages well, altho the beats are still excellent.
A friend went to his last gig in Glasgow and he showed up like over a hour late went on for 30 minutes then disappeared.
Anyone who treats thousands of fans like that is not getting a penny from me anymore.

Associate
As an MC the guy is so talented (from technical perspective), but for some reason he ends up rapping over really average beats a lot of the time. It reminds me a bit of Nas, god tier talent let down by poor beat selection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom