Energy Suppliers

You have used the same unit price for gas and electricity. No where is giving 7.37p kWh for electricity now, so that must be a typo.
Also, you have used 12,000 kWh of use for gas and electricity, which in your first sentence you said electric use was 2900 kWh.

Think you meant to use this price for electricity (28.34)which based on that usage (2900) is £821.

51861110435_8160bb4aba_c.jpg
Those prices increase my bill by nearly 51%. I can't understand how they are allowed to increase the standing charge by such a huge amount, let alone at all, when people are struggling. Fine, gas prices are going up and that's why we pay the unit prices - surely the standing charge goes to towards administration costs and such? :mad::(

Its taken so long to get moved over to Shell Energy from PurePlanet collapsing last year. I've got a login which works online but only shows electric not gas and it doesn't work logging into their app. They also missed the direct debit date so have asked for a manual payment. It won't let me see any offers or change tariff with them yet either.

Turning into a bit of a mess :(

Standing charges are only loosely connected to fixed costs. In reality you should treat them as essentially a minimum charge to have the service connected these days.

I work for National Grid and we cost the consumer about 3.3% of their bill to cover the cost of building and maintaining the Electricity Transmission network. The rest of the standing charge goes to other things.

Ovo's "Loyalty" Renewal Cost for 1 year. How does this stack up?

Electricity
Day unit rate:
31.70p/kWh
Night unit rate:
20.60p/kWh
Standing charge:
35.98p/day

Gas
Unit rate:
7.64p/kWh
Standing charge:
26.80p/day
I got this earlier this week from OVO (1 year fixed):

Electricity
Day unit rate:
18.76p/kWh
Standing charge:
322.58p/day

Gas
Unit rate:
3.68p/kWh
Standing charge:
23.740p/day

It's bonkers to think that my electric tariff just 6 months ago was 13p/kwh and gas was 2.9p/kwh. Won't ever see the likes of that again.

Problem is that was lower than cost but used to attract customers hence nearly 30 suppliers have gone under.

Eon Next online v9 got pulled midnight last night and replaced with the Online V10 which obv is more expensive. Even im suprised at how quick the V9 got pulled so i guess win for all the folks who locked on the V9 yesterday

Problem is that was lower than cost but used to attract customers hence nearly 30 suppliers have gone under.

Eon Next online v9 got pulled midnight last night and replaced with the Online V10 which obv is more expensive. Even im suprised at how quick the V9 got pulled so i guess win for all the folks who locked on the V9 yesterday

Dammit, my other half's on the phone to them right now trying to get our gas onto v9. Managed to get the electric done last night but our gas is with EDF.

Lmao, inflation up, energy up, interest rates up but the BoE boss says we shouldn’t be asking for substantial pay rises.

Appropriate words from someone on half a million a year :rolleyes:

Yeh that really took the ****.

"I know I earn a truly obscene amount, but you guys shouldn't ask for a raise"

Greed and people earning ridiculous salaries are why we have most of these problems.

You have used the same unit price for gas and electricity. No where is giving 7.37p kWh for electricity now, so that must be a typo.
Also, you have used 12,000 kWh of use for gas and electricity, which in your first sentence you said electric use was 2900 kWh.

Think you meant to use this price for electricity (28.34)which based on that usage (2900) is £821.

51861110435_8160bb4aba_c.jpg

Why is the electricity standing charge so nuts? :confused:

Lmao, inflation up, energy up, interest rates up but the BoE boss says we shouldn’t be asking for substantial pay rises.

Yes I saw that the **"*** needs a slap all his assets confiscated and kicked out with a job as a porter on the NHS for the rest of his privileged life.

Yeh that really took the ****.

"I know I earn a truly obscene amount, but you guys shouldn't ask for a raise"

Greed and people earning ridiculous salaries are why we have most of these problems.

It does take the **** but being realistic, if wages go up businesses will charges more for the good or their services to offset the increase wages which means a net total of zero. I get what he wa trying to say but he did it in a **** poor way

Not quite, there isn’t a 1:1 link between the cost of goods and services and wages. There are typically lots of other non wage related costs to consider.

Yes goods and services will go up as wages rise but wage inflation doesn’t get netted out I’m entirely, far from it usually.

A quick question.
I have a Smart meter (Secure Liberty 100), how do I view my energy usage - Is there an app or device I can get?

I've just moved into a property with one of these meters and there's a Smart Display that I assume came with it. May be worth checking with your supplier if you don't have one.

A quick question.
I have a Smart meter (Secure Liberty 100), how do I view my energy usage - Is there an app or device I can get?

I've no idea if these in home displays are generic but I have two sent by Octopus and I'm not using them so you are welcome to one, new and unused. It took me 12 months to get Octopus to send me one and then they sent two! PM me if you want one and I'll pop it in the post next week.

It's a Pipit 500 btw, not a great looking piece of kit I should add.

Back
Top Bottom