Engagement ring for the girl who doesn't wear jewellery.

Caporegime
So I'm at that point, cleared it with her parents and got everything planned except for the ring

Half of me wants to just buy something I think it's appropriate
Half of me wants to let us both decide on the day I ask her (actually her parents did this)

Option 1 is more traditional and if i was confident of getting it right I would definitely do this. But I am not! Option 2 could also be quite nice being a joint decision but may devalue the actual proposal

Also any good jewelers around central London that are appropriate should I choose option 2?

Hope some here can help

Caporegime
OP
Some sort of comedy ring did cross my mind (and straight to jeweller afterwards!

This is it. How can I get a ring size.. Chloroform and measure? I can't think of anything that wouldn't give it away.

She doesn't know it's imminent but (hopefully) thinks it will happen

The proposal won't be in a jewelers lol.

She will know immediately if something is up if i even look in a jewellers. This is the sort of girl who doesn't like flowers

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
OK so option 2 is a bad idea. I would have rather done option 1 anyway

She doesn't wear rings etc for both practical and that she just isn'ta jjewellery girl. I know she wouldn't want something big or extravagant.

Sizing will be impossible to know as far as I can see. I know her better than any friends, she's moved about a lot

Caporegime
OP
Can see myself doing exactly that. Going into shop and getting confused. I'm very fussy with anything I buy that is one off. I spent ages last night looking at an electric blender!

It seems an even split on what to do! Torn between getting something but it not being right vs getting something after but devaluing the event

I know the colour, i know a diamond. Not sure about a raised single rock vs more flat look

Caporegime
OP
If you saved 2k that is waay out of my price point.

I've been having a look online and yes, as I thought the more I look the more I doubt I'd get the right style. I have never seen her even look at a ring

Caporegime
OP
Tbh I don't know if she would want to wear it. And no, never seen her wear a ring. She has nose stud lip stud and a couple of eat piercings but never a ring, necklace or traditional jewellery

Tbh i hadn't thought of something else. And yes I was looking at rings as it's traditional, more than traditional.

She might like to have a ring but I wouldn't know how to go about finding out!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This is getting harder not easier! :p

I think I will get a ring, and would rather get it before but not unless I can figure it what she wants

Caporegime
OP
Think I will try and get an idea subtly (while watching a tv by saying 'do you like that?') if this doesn't work I think it will have to be token ring

Maybe seeing as she has facial piercings I could get something like that as a token then go choose a proper ring?

And to answer above.. No jewellery apart from face

Caporegime
OP
Well by complete coincidence my coincidence my cousin has got engaged today. So I asked

Would you wear a ring
Yes

She then went on h. Samuel and clicked on 3 similar rings. Didn't say anything but they were all single stone with a few twists near the stone

Dunno if she was hinting or just went on as we were taking about it

Caporegime
OP
Apparentlly she might have ring somewhere so I'm gonna have a rummage for it.

I'm not sure where to go (was asking about London for the idea of getting it after the proposal which im not doing now as that's where I plan to propose)

Still.. Getting closer to getting it sorted

Problem with Amazon is I would absolutely have to know the size, though I guess dsr would help

Caporegime
OP
Ah all this custom designed stuff just makes me think it's too much. That bluenile site does seem very interesting.

^she literally doesn't wear any. A ring might exist but never worn anything in the years we been together

Back
Top Bottom