England team to face Uruguay

Soldato
Lampard out with hamstring injury.

ENGLAND team to face Uruguay: Robinson, G Neville, Bridge, Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Gerrard, Carrick, J Cole, Rooney, Bent.

Lampard apparently broke down with a hamstring in training.

Soldato
OP
Isn't it ironic that Lampard rarely misses a game for Chelsea but suddenly picks up a hamstring injury just before the England team is named.

I predict he'll play an hour against West Brom on Saturday to save him for the Barca match the following Tuesday.

Am i being cynical? Probably. I'll hold my hands up and admit i'm wrong if he's not back on Saturday! :p

Associate
just like Sol Campbell, not now but used to miss friendlies with an "injury". and Gerrard says he wants to play to improve their partnership with Lampard =/

Soldato
it was only the other day he was saying how fresh he felt. its probably just a precaution hes dropped out. he has played a hell of a lot of games tho since he has been at chelsea.

Man of Honour
Be interesting to see how Bridge copes given his lack of match practice, he was way out of his depth in the game against Argentina and had to be pulled off at halftime.

Soldato
I quite like the look of that team to be honest. I don't really like Steve G and Lampard next to each other and i think it tend to be Gerrard who sacrifices more from his game to play that system so it will be nice to see him with a good quality holding midfielder behind him.

Soldato
OP
HangTime said:
Be interesting to see how Bridge copes given his lack of match practice, he was way out of his depth in the game against Argentina and had to be pulled off at halftime.

He's been playing plenty of matches for Fulham lately. I've been quite impressed with him!

Soldato
Lampard is the england teams best player (voted by the fans 2 consecutive years on the trot) how can anybody NOT be bothered he is out?

All this leaves us with is a lot of Hollywood balls from Beckham to the opposing right full back and Gerrard doing nothing, as he usually does when he plays for england, and no one actually doing any "midfielding".

Soldato
Mr Singh said:
im happy to see bent in the lineup because hes tall, strong, pacey, can head the ball, can finish.

bent > crouch

On the subject of Crouch, has anyone else noticed that there is an almost direct correlation between how much taller Peter crouch is than our other strikers, and how less good he is than our other strikers?

For instance he is "a lot" taller than Wayne Rooney and "a lot" worse than wayne Rooney.

Where as he "isnt much" taller than Emile Heskey and "isnt much" worse than Emile Heskey.

Soldato
nah tbh i don't understand y people hate sven so much !

we have a good team and a lot of good players to choose from in a match/competition !

so really he does have a hard job ! and its not like all the england players play in the same team so they need time to adjust to eachother i just hope the win tomorrow :D

Soldato
Playing carrick in the holding midfield role should be interesting. He's had some fantastic games for Spurs this season... but also a few where he's been missing. Hopefully he'll be on form for England though. :)

Associate
Why is it Defoe never gets a chance? Last year when he was on fire, he got given a few sub appearances now it looks like he has missed his chance! I dont care how many goals Bent has scored he aint international quality nor is Crouch!!!

Im gonna get grilled for that comment but im furious that we got such quality all over the team yet drag these 2 sub standard players to the world cup!!! what is Crouch gonna do against a possible match against Brazil, Germany, Italy when he cant score constantly in the premiership and all that nonsense about him supplying balls to a smaller striker is pants! Know one has filled that gap since Sheringham and only one close enuff is Rooney..

This is rubbish England are not gonna win world cup thanks god they are getting rid of this punk eriksson. what hurts the most is that i truly believe for the first time in my lifetime that England have got the best 11 this world cup.
And before everyone quotes Ronaldihno, Ronaldo, Adriano etc... dont forget we have one of the meanest defences (on premiership performance), a flourishing midfield with plenty of goals in them and possible the best pair of strikes who on their day will rip any defence apart (Owen, Rooney)

Had to get that off my chest just tired of seeing england miss out every tournament.

Soldato
atpbx said:
On the subject of Crouch, has anyone else noticed that there is an almost direct correlation between how much taller Peter crouch is than our other strikers, and how less good he is than our other strikers?

For instance he is "a lot" taller than Wayne Rooney and "a lot" worse than wayne Rooney.

Where as he "isnt much" taller than Emile Heskey and "isnt much" worse than Emile Heskey.

Heh heh, that's so true. Maybe you should make some graphs and present it to Sven for further analysis.

Back
Top Bottom