England world cup squad announced

Soldato
Yes the team is pretty average but there are always teams at euro/WC where the players individually aren't as good as England's but they do a lot better than them as they actually play decent as a team. Look at Wales squad that got to the semis, I know Bale is world class but there were championship players in that team! What ever combination of starting lineup you pick though it's always going to lack creativity with no Lallana or Wilishere.

Don
Have you watched any Spurs games this season? He's quite often spurring people on. I know you don't care for anything Spurs but come on.

He rarely looks angry to me, or doing anything that warrants some kind of leadership, not his fault mind. Just because he's Spurs' captain and best player doesn't mean he's England captain material, look at Ronaldo and Messi for example, the latter is only starting to captain the side and they have way more leadership/experience.

Soldato
He rarely looks angry to me, or doing anything that warrants some kind of leadership, not his fault mind. Just because he's Spurs' captain and best player doesn't mean he's England captain material, look at Ronaldo and Messi for example, the latter is only starting to captain the side and they have way more leadership/experience.

He's not the captain at Spurs. I would say he is very much a leader to be honest, thats not to say Henderson wouldn't of been a bad shout either.

Lets be honest its not going to change much in the grand scheme of things:p

Caporegime
Kane is the first name on the team sheet and the only genuine world class player we have, i'm not overly surprised he's captain.

Not many to pick from in fairness. Henderson or Dier would've been worth a shout, Cahill and the likes aren't guaranteed to start.

I'd be more concerned if he started taking corners again, lol, Hodgson.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom