enough cooling for a 680i Southbridge?

Associate
Hi

Have got a Lian li v2000+ case for my new build and am watercooling for the first time. I am planning on using a DD setup to cool the CPU (conroe), Nortbridge (BFG 680i) and GPU (8800).

I am going to mount the 120.3 radiator in the roof and have added a 120mm fan to the front of the case as I will not be using the side panel fan.

Will the Southbridge be ok? It will have air drawn across it from the fans on the radiator above and be blown on from the one at the front. I plan to overclock, but not to extreme levels.

Thanks

Not passive. The is very little space below the 8800 cards. I know my vantec is 15mm High and that is barley cleared so I wouldn't go higher than that.

I looked at the thermalright as some guy on another forum had fitted one ok, however the email I got back from them said otherwise.

I was thinking that once I remove the heatsink I could staighten it out (the pipe) and have it attached to the Southbridge only, running parallel along side the memory slots?

No dont try and bend it m8 it will snap! im going to be building my board today and fitting that cooler,will try and post piccys up later,only difference is my 8800gtx has a waterblock on it but it will give you a idea of how much room you have to play with.

Could one of you post the full name of the alphacool block that fits the Southbridge on the 680i.

Thanks, this sounds like the best option so far, can't stand little noisy fans anymore.

Its the sli one, you will need to have the gtx watercooled though as the heatsink gets in the way.

**NOTE** The SB only has two holes - the NB has four holes(offset).

Back
Top Bottom