• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

enough is enough with your website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
@Vince
Is it too late to enter something to make you laugh? ;)

And can you all stop getting the jokes in before I get a chance? I was busy browsing the site which is loading fine for me.

OP Should reach out - One of the best jokes so far :) Almost certainly a contender for a freebie... Only now, knowing the financial position I couldn't rightly do it. OP has too much money.

Soldato
AWS is sooo roburt and scalable. Hosting your site on there will give you hardly any issues at all.

Blackjack like i said I didnt borther setting it up for the Ocuk site, its been said many times they are unlikely to get 6800 xt reference cards back in stock

Just done a quick search there is a npm package call puppeteer that can automatic the captcha progress

If you want a 6800xt im selling my card here : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-Sapp...051042?hash=item2af7903ae2:g:uBAAAOSwWBJftX-Y

Soldato
Ahhh @jcharnley1984, so you are 1 of the bots that keeps performing stock checks on the site adding on to the thousands of other bots doing the same thing, and then wondering why sites don't perform as well as they used to. Let me just explain something simple, we have cloud flare that filters out most bots when we do product launches, guess how much traffic was legitimate traffic for this launch according to cloud flare?
yes it was 3%
Whats funny it bot scalping does not really work on our site we have like 3 levels of protection against it, but we still get pinged constantly by people that have bots running to check for incoming stock so they can get on as fast as possible.
I put forward a suggestion that for next launch we wont sell the product itself but will raffle off (for free pre user) tickets within 24 hours of launch, then we pick out of a hat basically who gets the items, so that there is no reason for everyone to spam refresh on a product launch as it wont make a difference, it will mean that everyone gets a fair chance and being unable to order at that time because you were in work or otherwise unable to wont be a problem too. What do you guys think of this suggestion?
This is what another competitor did for the 3090 launch. They used the emails from people who had signed up to the notification tab and picked them out of a hat. The people who were picked got a phone call (myself being one) and got the opportunity to buy one. Was really good and surprising at the same time, completely stopping any bots from buying them up and at the same time stopped their site from crashing when people realised non of the cards went live.

Associate
OP
This is what another competitor did for the 3090 launch. They used the emails from people who had signed up to the notification tab and picked them out of a hat. The people who were picked got a phone call (myself being one) and got the opportunity to buy one. Was really good and surprising at the same time, completely stopping any bots from buying them up and at the same time stopped their site from crashing when people realised non of the cards went live.

Something needs to be done but having the front page of the company (the website as a e-retailer) fit for purpose would be the first objective.

Associate

I'd have definitely ignored the phone call as I wouldn't have known who was calling me!

In fact I've had a few missed calls lately...

Associate
I wouldn't be agaisnt a raffle.

Would be good if a small number of them would be siphoned off to be raffled exclusivly to the forum members who have signed up for X amount of years and over X number of posts (even if that doesn't included me as i don't exactly have thousands of posts) considering the users here tend to bu ya lot and upgrade regulary.

Man of Honour
interesting, never experienced downtime with AWS. Maybe my sites arent used that much haha

The cloudflare bot protection isnt up to scratch in my opinion and is inconsistance even for general user that isnt running a bot. Plus I havnt pinged your site ever, others yes. If you expose your API that would be helpful hehe jokes

Lads I'm out. I know people at cloudflare and OP is showing a distinct lack of 1) telling the truth on most counts 2) Knowledge.

Soldato
@Shovinus - Raffle seems the fairest way and avoids people having to be online at a particular time and spamming F5.

Are you allowed to post in this thread if your income is under "1.5year annual" (whatever that means) but your command of spelling and grammar is fairly decent?

I'd have definitely ignored the phone call as I wouldn't have known who was calling me!

In fact I've had a few missed calls lately...

I'm sure they could do it online with unlisted / limited time links.

Associate
Is it literally impossible to get any customer service from this company I have set up a account just to Help my brother who placed a order this morning on a laptop got no confirmation emails nothing . And his login does not work says email is incorrect on trying to change the password .

He has called About 5 times once waiting a hour .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom