Enthoo Luxe tg X370 build

Associate
Thought id join up and get some pics up of my new build. I have been wanting to upgrade my aging x79 rig for a while now, and finally got it underway.

Build consists of.

Maximus X Formula
Binned and delidded 8700k
Team Group 8pack ram 16gb 3600
Ek Supremacy EVO nickel accetal
Ek 360 rad
Ek xres 140.
Bitspower compression fittings.
960pro 512gb m.2
Strix 1080ti oc
Primochill advanced lrt tubing 13 19.
Enthoo Luxe tg..

Had to cut the luxe up with the dremmel as I wanted the xres at the front without being hidden. Bit of a bodge job as id never used a dremmel before.

I previously had a water chiller running on my r4be and I had to insulate the socket etc. That was great but im not doing that this time tho, so it'l be nice to have a quiet system lol

Anyway here are some pics. It's not finished yet still waiting on a few bits. I might add a block on the gpu further down the line

The advanced lrt tubing is seriously hard to get compression fittings on. I used a hair dryer to soften them up a bit which allowed me to get them tightened up

PFaDuNK.jpg.png
WIqzzco.jpg.png
bl5XCkc.jpg.png
ZePKTX7.jpg.png
ElI5amo.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
If you rotate rad so ports were at the front of the case .
Should be able to go from pump to to port facing the near side , then from rear port go to
Top VRm oort, from the bottom left to unless of the CPU and then back to the Res .
Should give a cleaner look and not cover the Mobo so much and VRM should be on full show

Associate
OP
OK so quick update - I scrapped that red tubing as it was a complete PITA to work with and I think it was oversized or something

Anyway I changed for some black ek tubing and re routed it a little bit.

FYEHk2e.jpg.png
3LK494f.jpg.png

I have a few questions regarding the overclock. I haven't overlocked in a long while now, but have managed to get it to 5.2 although I'm having to use 1.424vcore

Could someone explain the CPU Core/Cache Current limit settings, and what they do?
What should they be set to?
For my Current limit max I manually put in 255.50
For Min Cpu Cache Ratio - I put in 46
For max Cpu Cache ratio - I put 46
Ring Down BIN - I left at auto

Is that about right?

Associate
OP
stress testing max temps are around 68 , and whilst gaming around 4 hours of Arma 3 which is quite CPU intensive, it peaks around 55. The room was pretty cold tho

Had to up the Vcore to 1.408 as it wasn't fully stable in Prime at 1.395

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I Have 3 fans on top pulling cold air in through the rad. I only have it setup in a pull config.

Temps seem pretty good so far. I was you going to put a 140 on the front panel but might leave as is for now

Associate
I Have 3 fans on top pulling cold air in through the rad. I only have it setup in a pull config.

Temps seem pretty good so far. I was you going to put a 140 on the front panel but might leave as is for now

More air out than air in gives you negative pressure in the case, so you might get get problems with fluff and dust accumulation in the case.

Associate
OP
I have the 3 rad fans pulling in cold air and one 140 exhausting out the case. Does this need changing then? Do you think the rad fans should be exhausting air out rather than pulling in? Cheers for the advice

Associate
I have the 3 rad fans pulling in cold air and one 140 exhausting out the case. Does this need changing then? Do you think the rad fans should be exhausting air out rather than pulling in? Cheers for the advice
How you have it now is fine. Basically you always want slightly more air going in than you do going out, so that the case gets less dust drawn in. Think of it this way: Every single hole in the case is an entry point for dust, if you have more air going in than out (as you currently do) a small amount of airflow pushes dust away from these openings, keeping the case cleaner. If you have more air being sucked out than drawn in then each of these holes basically acts as a mini hoover, drawing dust into the case. Hope this helps, and nice build, the black tubing looks great with the dark components & red cables + fans combo :)

Back
Top Bottom