Epic Games and Fortnite help

Soldato
Ok my son has an account for fortnite on his PS4, hes had the account roughly for 1 year or so.

I created him a pc account and tried to link his ps4 account to it. Initaillsy this for what ever reason didnt work and wouldnt work. I see there are others that had issues linking the ps4 account to a pc account and email as well.
Now eventually i got the fortnite account to link to an email and pc account and i thought, nice sorted. However like a fool i inputted an incorrect google email address that cant even be created.
The google email i accidentally inputted was a three character email @googlemail.com.

Now when you try and create a google email account with just three characters you cant its not long enough. So im in a pickle.

So i contacted Epic games to try and get them to change the email linked to his PS4 account from the wrong one to the right one.
Epic games responded a while later asking for the following details -
Please provide as much of the following information as you can:
• Any IPv4 addresses you have logged in from
• Date when you created your Epic Games account
• An invoice ID for any Epic Games purchase you made on the account (the Invoice ID begins with an "A," followed by 8 digits; example: A12345678)
• Locations (city, state/province) where you made purchases on the account
• Original display name for the account
• Last 4 digits of the first payment card used on the account
• Date of your last login
• Names of any PlayStation, Switch, Twitch, or Xbox accounts connected to your Epic Games account and the dates when they were connected

Now i provided the account ID, our IPv 4 & 6 address, rough date when he first joines fortnite, location where we live, account display name for both PS4 and epic games account, date of last login and all his current stats at that time.

They responded back to me saying the take security seriously and that they couldnt verify the account as the info was incorrect. Now none of the info was wrong as i know my own info lol.

So this has been ongoing since august last year and is still unresolved, the main issue i have is if i cant change the email associated with the account i cant secure with 2 factor authentication as i cant verify the email address.

So fat Epic games has only replied very occasionally and often ignores my emails for weeks at a time.

So im asking if there is anything i can do to get this resolved, my son has spent a good amount of monies on dance moves, season passes etc and i cant afford to lose that either.

I feel im at a point where i dont know what to do next, im thinking of some form of legal/advice as to where to go from here?

Thoughts please as im unsure now.

PS. i have even asked them to send an email to the one linked to the account currenlty as they would see instantly it bounces straight back as an invalid/doesnt exist email.

Don
PlayStation are right arkward from what I've read. You can't go cross platform with a PS account. You can with ALL other platforms.

You can - that limitation was lifted a few months ago.

However like the OP when I set up one of my kid's accounts, I used the wrong email address - I contacted Epic and was told at present, changing the email address linked against the PSN account is currently not possible (but it is something they are aware of and are looking to implement).

As a temporary solution you can still log in on the PC, using your PSN login credentials,

Soldato

However like the OP when I set up one of my kid's accounts, I used the wrong email address - I contacted Epic and was told at present, changing the email address linked against the PSN account is currently not possible (but it is something they are aware of and are looking to implement).

As a temporary solution you can still log in on the PC, using your PSN login credentials,

Probably realised it was a bad call. All games should be cross platform.

Caporegime

I believe this is going to be changed very soon. You will get one free change of email address and one free change of username and after that you'll have to pay.

Soldato
OP
I believe this is going to be changed very soon. You will get one free change of email address and one free change of username and after that you'll have to pay.

Will this work even if the email you originally entered is incorrect and there for cant be verified i wonder?

Epic thus far have been nothing short of terrible to deal with in every way.

Soldato
OP
So no one has any advice on what i could do next? ive used certain services in the past with uk shops etc to sort out disputes but unsure what to do with this situation
Was hoping for some good quality advice ?

Soldato
Do a Subject Access Request using the rules under the new Data Protection Act 2018 (incorrectly referred to as GDPR) and when they reveal the incorrect email address then simply correct it using the right to rectification of the inaccurate personal data. When they look puzzled, tell them that they have 40 days to comply. Before they utter another word, lay the ultimate smackdown and tell them that you're asking for your rights under Article 16 to be exercised, and their responsibilities under Article 5 to be fulfilled.

Boom.

Soldato
OP
Do a Subject Access Request using the rules under the new Data Protection Act 2018 (incorrectly referred to as GDPR) and when they reveal the incorrect email address then simply correct it using the right to rectification of the inaccurate personal data. When they look puzzled, tell them that they have 40 days to comply. Before they utter another word, lay the ultimate smackdown and tell them that you're asking for your rights under Article 16 to be exercised, and their responsibilities under Article 5 to be fulfilled.

Boom.

Thanks i will get onto this asap.

Soldato

Boom.
i have absolutely no need of this whatsoever but may actually try it anyway!!

Soldato
OP

Boom.

Today i finally got this resolved.

A couple of days ago i sent them another email reminding them of the 40 days to comply as it had been around 30 days.
They changed the email address and now my son has full acess on both pc and ps4, also i was then able to actibvate 2 factor authentication.

Thanks for the tip i will remember it for future.

Back
Top Bottom